What's new

Could we split this into gen Toyota, land cruiser and Tacoma?

Taco tech sucked over there. I allways eneded up in the mini truck section trying to "sirch"
everything of note was in the mini\runner threads.

Cruizer??? Dunno if it would be worth it or not.
But seeing how the heep section had MULTIPLE models and is getting axed...

​​​

Last edited:
Hell no, perfect opportunity to see what new shit fits in a Sami:eek:

i vote no, but just because. is there enough traffic and threads here that things are going to get absolutely buried? Not likely to happen soon. if a thread only gets update once a month or less, no reason not to have to subscribe or search or scroll back a couple pages to find it.

No. If down the road the toyota forum gets too busy then we can revisit it. But with the reduced traffic from being new, lets keep it consolidated for now. Keep tech and questions in front of as many eyes as possible.

Don’t want my gay ass Tacoma lumped in with the cool trucks eh

I like Tacoma’s too. I think we should have 3rd gen 4runners, Tundras and Tacos together. The chassis are all very similar. If we can split these up I’ll post my mid travel tundra build.

I like Tacoma’s too. I think we should have 3rd gen 4runners, Tundras and Tacos together. The chassis are all very similar. If we can split these up I’ll post my mid travel tundra build.

Just post it in the Toyota section and quit complaining. :flipoff2:

I think they should stay mixed. Taco parts get used on trucks and runners, truck and runner parts get used on tacos. Cruisers aren't really special, because toyota.

And, I really don't mean to compare, but if you look at the "other forums" some sections die, some don't see much traffic, and they aren't making things the way they used to, so why keep it segregated.

Anyone driven a year old yota lately...
No
I don't care.One slot till 2 gain a big following.

Last edited:
I dig it like this. My rig is part cruiser, part Taco, part mini truck with a little bit of GM in the axles. Keep the Toyota stuff together!

I think we should split up the entire Toyota section by year too, that way we can have all the '81s together, '82s together, '83s together, all the way up!

:flipoff2:

well, let's just try something. I might petition a moderator to have a couple of sticky threads. This way we can still keep everything in the family, but make it a bit easier to find specific builds by type

If you guys think it is a shit idea, let me know and i'll delete the clutter. Please add your stuff though, especially as time goes on

For now I think its fine all in one, once it grows to be too much maybe split it up into 2 or 3 sections, not sure on what the categories would be exactly though...

Can also do a poll to see what the collective thinks

EDIT: I now see what Provience was saying, I dig it

Last edited:
If you guys think it is a shit idea, let me know and i'll delete the clutter. Please add your stuff though, especially as time goes on

Fukkin aye
heck of an idea.
easy to find and hit the stickie...DONE

DONE

Last edited:
I dig it like this. My rig is part cruiser, part Taco, part mini truck with a little bit of GM in the axles. Keep the Toyota stuff together!

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm a bastard child of all models except lexus, hell I even have some camry in mine.

No. If down the road the toyota forum gets too busy then we can revisit it. But with the reduced traffic from being new, lets keep it consolidated for now. Keep tech and questions in front of as many eyes as possible.

"We" who made you king ding a ling? :lmao:. Honestly, I say leave it the way it is. Simpler is better. Hell i wish they would just have a toyota, jeep, Chevy, and ford forums.. and not be split at all into sub models.

I could see doing mild and hardcore subforums. People building expedition rigs and what not versus people building clampy 2.0. But I think sub dividing it further just decreases traffic. If I’m a 4Runner guy, I’m probably not going to check into the Tacoma section with any frequency. And that would lead to me missing build threads of stuff that would actually interest me, or that I could offer some knowledge on

Go back to PBB and look at the Jeep Hardcore/Mild... it's just confusing.

Leave it as is... if traffic warrants a change, deal with it then.

Thems fighting words!

I'm biased, but i still like my idea of gouped threads to be a sticky home for links for the builds, that way the cruiser dudes can easily check out cruiser threads and such.

just need to figure out who the moderator is for this forum so i can PM them dick picks and hassle 'em :flipoff2:

I sent Austin a pm and i know others have as well, not sure if anything has come out about it.

Top Back Refresh