Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

COTA anyone?

XtremeJ: we don’t have paddock passes this year. It’s now some “vip experience” that costs way too much for what it is. No biggie. Gonna visit MotoAmerica paddock tomorrow. Will scope out the umbrella girls.

Our crew here are rooting for Jorge Martin and brad binder. Frankly, anyone but MM and we are happy. :laughing:

Met up with booger. Good chat. :smokin:

Here’s a few pics. Got some good ones on my real camera. Will download when I get home.
3375D15B-D5E7-4C45-A668-9A76EAF7DB22.png
05A00F47-423A-4330-A28C-93DF5321A713.jpeg
D5EDA233-5130-4891-85FF-BCC4AAD77DCE.jpeg

Test ride a MT-10 and RSV factory. Loved the mt10. RSV was fun, but hard to tell much on city streets.

Got a pic with the MotoAmerica girls too. :smokin:
0B04BC5F-E624-4AF8-9261-1D7BFBCA77AF.jpeg
6494A787-551A-4BEC-8E6D-F94804AEBC1A.jpeg
450E3E20-D28D-4DBA-AFB3-0DBF06F9221D.jpeg

No worries. We were occupied with the neighbors most of the time.

The duckies were very strong. Marquez was trying to take out half the field, so normal weekend.

Here’s a few shots from my camera
2E7E3BF7-258F-4A21-82C8-5096F0B3628B.jpeg
1D73C40D-B6D5-469C-8AA0-E75C9CA202D0.jpeg
6845DC4F-1A04-4097-AA3A-220AEFC19134.jpeg

Thanks for sending the pics with the grid girls.

Too bad the KTM's were not on pace this weekend, they seem to struggle at COTA.

Damn but the Ducati's have some power, must have been frustrating for the Suzuki boys, ride hard, make a couple positions, then get blown away on the back straight.

Feel for Miller, riding for his career, but I kinda thought he was going to use up the tires and fall back at the end. He seems to be the team player though, let the other ducati pass, then make your bike real wide for Rins. Hate to say but Miller likely gone at the end of the year replaced by one of the youngsters from the satellite team, guessing he is offered a seat there at most.

Awesome to see Aprillia come to life finally, and Aleix Espargo (sp?) finally get a win on his 200th attempt

What do you mean? We get gen admission, but they technically make you buy a seat somewhere cheap (Covid thing they keep doing or something). We set up our lawn chairs in the “s”’s and hang out there on Sunday. Friday and Saturday you can sit anywhere you want. Sunday is the only “assigned seat” day.

we will be there again in the rv lot N

What do you mean? We get gen admission, but they technically make you buy a seat somewhere cheap (Covid thing they keep doing or something). We set up our lawn chairs in the “s”’s and hang out there on Sunday. Friday and Saturday you can sit anywhere you want. Sunday is the only “assigned seat” day.

we will be there again in the rv lot N
I mean im cheap. Whats the cheapest weekend possible?

Cheapest weekend would be to fly into Austin, Uber or rent a car, get a cheap hotel in bastrop and a gen admission or bleacher pass for the weekend ($99). You might be able to find a decent priced hotel in downtown or east side of Austin, to still be near nightlife and the track.

Bastrop is a decent size town just east of the track. You’ll always be in the opposite direction of traffic going to and from the track. No real night life there, but plenty of places to eat and such. Everything there is “normal” prices.

If you are into the nightlife I would stay in downtown Austin. Some of the dealers like Ducati Austin, will have bike shows and meets on that weekend. 6th street is all live music/party/nightlife stuff. Prices will ne higher though. Other than downtown, I wouldn’t stay west of I35, due to traffic and getting to the track.

If you drive down in a rv or do tent camp, you can tent camp in lot N where we will be. That’s $250 for the weekend though. Plus admission tickets.

Cheapest weekend would be to fly into Austin, Uber or rent a car, get a cheap hotel in bastrop and a gen admission or bleacher pass for the weekend ($99). You might be able to find a decent priced hotel in downtown or east side of Austin, to still be near nightlife and the track.

Bastrop is a decent size town just east of the track. You’ll always be in the opposite direction of traffic going to and from the track. No real night life there, but plenty of places to eat and such. Everything there is “normal” prices.

If you are into the nightlife I would stay in downtown Austin. Some of the dealers like Ducati Austin, will have bike shows and meets on that weekend. 6th street is all live music/party/nightlife stuff. Prices will ne higher though. Other than downtown, I wouldn’t stay west of I35, due to traffic and getting to the track.

If you drive down in a rv or do tent camp, you can tent camp in lot N where we will be. That’s $250 for the weekend though. Plus admission tickets.
YouTube highlights ftw. Id rather dump 350 into my rgv.

No Biggie. To be honest, cota is not a spectator track. It’s more the atmosphere and that’s it. We have fun in the camping area because party. :smokin:

This ain’t nothing rowdy like a biker rally, but basically the same, minus the boobs. :laughing:

it might sound weird, but it’s mostly foreigners hooting and holler’n. Good people, just a different type of party.

Top Back Refresh