What's new

Cory's Cummins swap.

3F6EEF36-D496-44E9-B101-BB59657E8E40.png
Nope...

pics arent linking because you thought cummins with a "g" was cute and adding cab lights to a SRW truck. No rice allowed here :flipoff2:

pics arent linking because you thought cummins with a "g" was cute and adding cab lights to a SRW truck. No rice allowed here :flipoff2:

I just replaced the crusty original cab lights with some murder ones. And yes i think the Cummings with a G is hilarious if it gets you mopar boys stirred up. :flipoff2:

I'm sure someone mentioned it by now, but OCD requires me to bring it up anyway. That wasn't a SM465 that came out of that truck, it's a NP435.

I'm sure someone mentioned it by now, but OCD requires me to bring it up anyway. That wasn't a SM465 that came out of that truck, it's a NP435.

Nope, no had mentioned it. Glad to get set straight. I just assumed it was sm465 like gm used. Im not much of a dodge guy. This will just be my trailer yanker for the most part. I have no intention of wheeling it. I would of started this thread in the towing forum but it didn't existed when i started it.

Just curious, why not box the frame? Seems like a lot of work to leave the shitty part of the truck like that?

Just curious, why not box the frame? Seems like a lot of work to leave the shitty part of the truck like that?

Are there problem with the first gen Cummins truck frames? I would if I was planning on off roading this thing. This thing will yank my trailers a half a dozen times a year for the majority of its life. I have buggies and a sweet first gen 4 runner for wheeling.

The only issues with the frames are the usual steering box mounting stress and rust. For normal use they are fine, if you are going for maximum power or durability to beat on it, then I would consider boxing at least some parts. Otherwise, I'd roll on. At least with an open channel frame you can keep it clean and not worry about hidden rot.

The only issues with the frames are the usual steering box mounting stress and rust. For normal use they are fine, if you are going for maximum power or durability to beat on it, then I would consider boxing at least some parts. Otherwise, I'd roll on. At least with an open channel frame you can keep it clean and not worry about hidden rot.

Im in utah. Frame rot really aint a thing around these parts. Like i said its just going to be a pavement princess yanking my enclosed for the most part. I drive like a white man most of the time. She might get driven up the maintained mountain road hauling a camper is the best action its going to see.

Are most my pics working now?

I mounted the 2nd gen seat in the 84'. I also made the clutch linkage adjustable.

20200522_205454.jpg
20200522_205503.jpg
20200523_001235.jpg
20200522_233919.jpg

I finished up the cab floor repairs. I wire wheeled anything loose and then painted any rust with some left over por15 I had and then painted the rest with some left over rustoleum from my plasma table. I then installed some sound deadening tarfoil stuff doubling it up around fire wall and tranny tunnel. Austin had some foam tinfoil stuff laying around so installed that too and then the new carpet kit.

20200523_023809.jpg
20200523_170303.jpg
20200523_034141.jpg
20200523_175552.jpg
20200523_170310.jpg
20200523_231021.jpg
20200523_231030.jpg

Top Back Refresh