What's new

Coronavirus (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2)

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
19yo daughter had to be tested before she reports to a large summer camp program as a counselor next week. Test was taken on Monday and came back negative. She’s in the bed with 100.5 fever today. Coincidence?

Yeah some where she either contracted it after the test, or it is something completely unrealted to the beer virus

Was she feeling fine before the test?

Seems plausible that a place people go to get tested would be at higher risk of being a contaminated area.

So does that mean they realized that a vaccine is not probable in the near future so they are relenting and encouraging heard immunity?

It seriously seems the right hand doesn't even know there is a left hand and the head it trying to figure out where the body is.

Yet somehow people see the government’s gross incompetence and still think the government will do a better job managing their life than they could do on their own.

Those people are known as spare parts, and China uses them as such.

So does that mean they realized that a vaccine is not probable in the near future so they are relenting and encouraging heard immunity?

There won't be widespread vaccine availability until next summer at the earliest.

but you can bet that some people are making bank from the .gov dime trying to come up with a vaccine

Not nearly as much as they are in the stock market by putting forth incomplete if not outright shitty data to get headlines and fool people into thinking their efforts are much further along than they really are. Moderna just sold $1.3B in stock. They say it's to "fund the vaccine". Maybe so, IMO though it's more likely that it's simply profit taking on the recent jumps in stock value. Looking at their data, this vaccine isn't nearly as close to being ready as they're claiming. I think their hedging their bet and taking profit now just in case this thing falls apart or others beat them to the punch.

I heard this morning that CO wants to set up a drive through testing facility with the idea of testing 10,000 a day.

Now CDC says virus is not spread easily through contact

- just using your post for context. In Quebec and Ontario (yeah yeah, up here) soldiers were deployed to seniors homes to help due to lack of regular staff. apparently it was quite ugly and lots of deaths at these homes. They KNEW when they went in that the virus was there. You would think that their precautions and safety procedures would be over the top to protect them. As of today 28 of the soldiers have the covid. makes me wonder if that many people were THAT careless, or is this thing more easily spread than it seems?

When is Gov Cuomo going to actually get the spanking he deserves for sending POSITIVE patients to the old folks homes..........and killing them?

"I didn't know it was a bad idea" just doesn't cut it. It's so fucked up it's hard to understand.

When is Gov Cuomo going to actually get the spanking he deserves for sending POSITIVE patients to the old folks homes..........and killing them?

"I didn't know it was a bad idea" just doesn't cut it. It's so fucked up it's hard to understand.

It has been absolutely baffling to me for awhile that he's been portrayed as some type of national hero when NY did by far and away the worst job in the world containing their outbreak and their failure largely created the U.S. outbreak.

I've been bored and dicking off with numbers after my buddy called me today. He lives in so cal. He told me the data he saw for women under 35 had zero deaths in his county and 4 males under 35. Most of the deaths from this virus are old people who are susceptible anyway. I'm truly sorry but this shit has been blown out of proportion from the beginning. If you smoked two packs of smokes a day for 40 years and contract this disease, sorry about your bad luck.

I'm looking at the numbers for washington state now. 0 deaths in the under 19 age group. 10 deaths in the 20 to 39 age group. 90 deaths in the 40-59 and the rest of the little over 1000 deaths come from the 60+ age groups with 50% of the deaths in the 80+ age group.

Let's get real here. The government is going to say "yay social distancing solved all of our problems". Yeah, after there are no more old people to die.

It has been absolutely baffling to me for awhile that he's been portrayed as some type of national hero when NY did by far and away the worst job in the world containing their outbreak and their failure largely created the U.S. outbreak.

and yet, NY still wasn't able to be as bad as all the doom and gloom shit said would be normal if we were lucky.

I just read a headline that there were XXX (300 maybe?) new cases AND this set a new record for Coronavirus cases. Doesn't every fucking new day set a new record as long as just one new person tests positive?

Leading infectious disease expert Dr. Michael Osterholm said cloth or surgical masks "protect very little"

Bottom line is this is either not as contagious as they said or not as lethal as they said. Probably both.

The real question to me is how long will they attempt to keep this farce up after the doctors tell them they are wrong...

Top Back Refresh