What's new

Connector ID thread

JNHEscher

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Dogwood, MO.
Sure seems like a good thread to put on the board.

Electrical stuff is something I've done since my wee years. However, I've never memorized or known a way to quickly identify the vast array of connectors that we have available to us all. The same may go for many.

First up.

I've seen this one many times, yet know not what it is called or a part number for it. I'm after a replacement pigtail of the male end. Male end block measures 0.330"x0.485". It has one fin to fit a slot and one tooth.

20211122_161601[1].jpg
20211122_161547[1].jpg

I can't seem to ID this connector.

I bought a set of joystick controls for a doosan excavator, just because they were the cheapest I could find.

I would like to get the matching connector so I dont have to cut this one off and find new ones.
30959.jpg

I'm going to be sending my pictures and dimensions to Connector Experts to see if they can ID mine.

That is it.

But holy crap, it shows up at $88 each. I think I will snip that one off and find a cheaper alternative
Yep. I'm going to ask them what their reason is for the prices.

Still haven't found mine. Dealer said it'd cost me around $1,500 for a new body harness that includes the one I need.

Spoke with someone at Connector Experts. The reason for their prices is because they order the entire harness from manufacture and then clip off any connector that a customer needs. Once they clip that connector off, they no longer have it in stock, therefore only ever having one in stock at most. This makes sense when a customer cannot find the required connector and can't justify paying for the entire harness - such as myself.

So Connector Experts is another option when the need is dire. I think I'll keep searching or patch in a common connector.

JNHEscher

I'm pretty sure this is your connector.

Male: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv/12047786?qs=xyz6lfZ1ktLer8NF5zOYhA==
Female: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/12047785?qs=xyz6lfZ1ktJ4RHMKfoyAmw==

The manufacturer's site is fucked and the link to the tiff drawing of the female on is broken so I'm not 100% sure, but the 3d pdf file sure looks right:

1638808532565.png

1638808547863.png

For $.60 and $.76 apiece, it's probably worth the risk! The accessories are also dirt cheap - pins, seals, etc.

Benny

Haven't found yours yet but I didn't try too hard either. :flipoff2: Mouser has a pretty robust search engine that lets you filter by pin count, size, connector type. I didn't see it in a preliminary search buy you might have better luck. If you can narrow down the family or manufacturer, you can filter a lot of the other shit out. Are there any numbers printed on it? I was looking for a bunch of custom adapters for my truck and managed to find a lot just by searching the numbers printed on the connector bodies.

I can't seem to ID this connector.

I bought a set of joystick controls for a doosan excavator, just because they were the cheapest I could find.

I would like to get the matching connector so I dont have to cut this one off and find new ones.
30959.jpg

Benny

Boom! Just saved you $60 :smokin:

Looks like the KET part numbers MG640337-5 & MG610335-5

51aX49M4d6L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

51hu5OSzwLL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Of if you can wait for the slow boat from China....10 pairs for $5.50
Moar:

Other china option....2 sets for about $7

With the pigtail (probably your best bet if you only need the female side....2 for $5.50 shipped)

JNHEscher

I'm pretty sure this is your connector.

Male: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv/12047786?qs=xyz6lfZ1ktLer8NF5zOYhA==
Female: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/12047785?qs=xyz6lfZ1ktJ4RHMKfoyAmw==

The manufacturer's site is fucked and the link to the tiff drawing of the female on is broken so I'm not 100% sure, but the 3d pdf file sure looks right:

1638808532565.png

1638808547863.png

For $.60 and $.76 apiece, it's probably worth the risk! The accessories are also dirt cheap - pins, seals, etc.

Benny

Haven't found yours yet but I didn't try too hard either. :flipoff2: Mouser has a pretty robust search engine that lets you filter by pin count, size, connector type. I didn't see it in a preliminary search buy you might have better luck. If you can narrow down the family or manufacturer, you can filter a lot of the other shit out. Are there any numbers printed on it? I was looking for a bunch of custom adapters for my truck and managed to find a lot just by searching the numbers printed on the connector bodies.
Think you nailed it. I just need to find out if those come with pins and seals or where on Mouser to hunt down the correct internals, then I'll be set.

Think you nailed it. I just need to find out if those come with pins and seals or where on Mouser to hunt down the correct internals, then I'll be set.
If you click on the datasheet link on mouser it'll bring you to the manufacturer's page. Click on "related products" there and it'll give you the part numbers for pins and seals. You can search for those part numbers on mouser and they'll pop right up. Check all the pin numbers - some mouser only sells bulk in the thousands and some you can buy singles.

Edit: Once you know the manufacturer/family of the connector you can also search mouser for those and you'll find everything you need. They're a really good resource once you kind of know what you're looking for.

I ended up getting my pins off eBay. Mouser was out of stock with an expected about a year out.

Top Back Refresh