What's new

Connector ID thread

JNHEscher

Member Number
Loc
Ellicott, CO.
Sure seems like a good thread to put on the board.

Electrical stuff is something I've done since my wee years. However, I've never memorized or known a way to quickly identify the vast array of connectors that we have available to us all. The same may go for many.

JNHEscher

Member Number
Loc
Ellicott, CO.
First up.

I've seen this one many times, yet know not what it is called or a part number for it. I'm after a replacement pigtail of the male end. Male end block measures 0.330"x0.485". It has one fin to fit a slot and one tooth.

20211122_161601[1].jpg
20211122_161547[1].jpg

Benny

Broke Bastard
Member Number
Loc
North Idaho
I can't seem to ID this connector.

I bought a set of joystick controls for a doosan excavator, just because they were the cheapest I could find.

I would like to get the matching connector so I dont have to cut this one off and find new ones.
30959.jpg

JNHEscher

Member Number
Loc
Ellicott, CO.
That is it.

But holy crap, it shows up at $88 each. I think I will snip that one off and find a cheaper alternative
Yep. I'm going to ask them what their reason is for the prices.

Still haven't found mine. Dealer said it'd cost me around $1,500 for a new body harness that includes the one I need.

JNHEscher

Member Number
Loc
Ellicott, CO.
Spoke with someone at Connector Experts. The reason for their prices is because they order the entire harness from manufacture and then clip off any connector that a customer needs. Once they clip that connector off, they no longer have it in stock, therefore only ever having one in stock at most. This makes sense when a customer cannot find the required connector and can't justify paying for the entire harness - such as myself.

So Connector Experts is another option when the need is dire. I think I'll keep searching or patch in a common connector.