What's new

Concrete contractor screw up

You won't see a dime without going to court , and you won't see anything after going to court, but it will add to the cost.

Might as well resign to fixing it cheap uourself
Unfortunatly too many contractors count on that, so they do shit work knowing most people won't take them to court, and then their insurance will cover the bill

Last edited:
Yep, not about margin, it is about whether or not you want a concrete floor or do without. When the only access to the foundation is a 15 foot wide driveway at the street, you pump. I think I was only on one job ever where we could have used a chute, the rest were not optional and had to be pumped. We also have never had the option to not have plastic under the slab unless it was hardscape. Point of all that is you can't pump low slump and the plastic prevents the subgrade from sucking out the water and yet, we still get nice finishes.
id say 80% of concrete pours around here use a pump, about the only thing not using a pump is a short drive way/small slab, everything else is pumped

ive been around/a part of several amateur concrete pours and have never seen one come out as bad the OP :barf:

id say 80% of concrete pours around here use a pump, about the only thing not using a pump is a short drive way/small slab, everything else is pumped
Same here or very similar.
ive been around/a part of several amateur concrete pours and have never seen one come out as bad the OP :barf:
Based on the standards of quite a few in this thread, I decided to not say that to slow down the butthurt bullshit, but it is true. Worse is most amateurs would have stayed after it because they don't know any better. These guys knew exactly who they were fucking and how hard. They need to be hunted down and chained in place, given a small hammer drill with a chipping bit until it is all broken up and in a dumpster. Then they need their asses kicked for doing shit work that they knew was shit work.

Based on the standards of quite a few in this thread, I decided to not say that to slow down the butthurt bullshit, but it is true. Worse is most amateurs would have stayed after it because they don't know any better. These guys knew exactly who they were fucking and how hard. They need to be hunted down and chained in place, given a small hammer drill with a chipping bit until it is all broken up and in a dumpster. Then they need their asses kicked for doing shit work that they knew was shit work.
my theory is thats the biggest slab that contractor has ever done and normally wouldnt do a job like that but since he had done multiple jobs for the OP already he said fuck it money in the bank

whoops :eek:

Get Some:smokin:
Fukkin licence boards and civil court system is fubar'd

I always read that was a no-no, because the rocks will keep going to the bottom and you'll get an inconsistent mix...?

If that's not true, I'm gonna be pissed at the number of buckets I've run down a ladder...
ACI has a limit, but it's been a minute since I read it. I want to say 10 ft max drop. putting a hose on the bottom of the chute is much betterer than a bucket. :flipoff2:

I settled up with him, I deducted cost of grinding from his bill and I will pay for densifier, he is a good guy and agreed to that. All grinding contractors I've talked to are out until Jan so its sitting until then.
Ghostshield is supposed to be really good.

Its not the worst pour I have seen and thats fucked up. I am glad you are getting it worked out. Contractor by and large fucking suck. The good ones are great but the amount of bad ones is fucking stupid.

Too many contractors ant to get paid full monty to learn how to do stuff and end up fucking over good people with an OOPS. Fuck that type of contractor.

I had a few days open up in my schedule, and I was tired of waiting on a grinding contractor, so I decided to just do it mysefl.
Its been ~10 years since I ran a grinder, I have forgotten how boring of a job this is, seriously boring and slow as hell. Ive listened to every podcast that I have ever wanted to in the last 3 days though.
I did 1 pass with 18 grit which did a nice job at removing any texture, then hit it with 2 passes at 30 grit, it looks good but has some scrathes that catch your eye. I dont think I really care about the scratches, but I was going to try hitting a few areas with 70 grit to see what that looks like. Its an extremely slow process.
I need to figure out a simple way to heat the slab up over 40F to apply a densifier and possibly a sealer on top of that. My boiler guy is a month or 2 out right now, Id like to get moving things in before then so I need to densify it sooner than that.
This was the worst spot with the deepest texture, its nearly completely gone, there is a small indentation that is going to stay, its too deep to remove without taking out a ton from around it.
IMG-5520.jpg
IMG-5523.jpg

Damn, that sucks overall but at least you’re moving forward. I don’t recall, what type of boiler system?

The dust from grinding seems to get everywhere. No matter how good the dust collection is.

Top Back Refresh