What's new

computard help

Honky Lips

Welcome to the shit show.
Member Number
Loc
Omaha, Ne “ish”
so i got an hp desktop with 2 samsung monitors. and one monitor "blinks" at random times. just goes black then comes back. ive tried switching the power cords between them. no change. and i just swapped the hdmi/blue multi pin plug and still no change. same monitor flashes. which tells me it has to be the monitor itself right?

I've seen that happen with a bad cord to the computer.

so i got an hp desktop with 2 samsung monitors. and one monitor "blinks" at random times. just goes black then comes back. ive tried switching the power cords between them. no change. and i just swapped the hdmi/blue multi pin plug and still no change. same monitor flashes. which tells me it has to be the monitor itself right?
I would start looking at your video card driver. When was the last time you updated it. The cable swap kind of rules out the cable variable.

Does it do the found new hardware beep everytime it comes back on? You said blue cord and hdmi, which one are you using? Same cord, vga or hdmi on both monitors? Using any adapters?

Does it do the found new hardware beep everytime it comes back on? You said blue cord and hdmi, which one are you using? Same cord, vga or hdmi on both monitors? Using any adapters?
i have an hdmi cord for one monitor, and the vga for the other monitor. but i swapped them between the 2 monitors, so the problem should follow the cord correct?

now, when i switch the cords im switching them at the monitors, NOT the tower. so if it was a driver, it should still follow the cord no?

i dont think i notice a beep.

I would start looking at your video card driver. When was the last time you updated it. The cable swap kind of rules out the cable variable.
i believe i tried it a couple months ago and it didnt help. i did that before i warranty replaced the monitor. it seems like it went away when i exchanged the monitor but i dont use the computer much so maybe it didnt.

wouldnt swapping the monitor cables between monitors and it stayed with the same monitor eliminate the driver?

i believe i tried it a couple months ago and it didnt help. i did that before i warranty replaced the monitor. it seems like it went away when i exchanged the monitor but i dont use the computer much so maybe it didnt.

wouldnt swapping the monitor cables between monitors and it stayed with the same monitor eliminate the driver?
Assuming they are identical, yes.

Spotty connection somewhere in the bad monitor...replace it.

Since monitor takes HDMI connect it to your smart TV and verify it does the same thing.

Update your drivers for your machine.

You should be able to test via BIOS and let machine go through the functions (can exit at any time)...

Top Back Refresh