What's new

Common Sense Prevails? (Trans women facing ban from rugby)

Donk

Piss Artist Formerly Known As OllieNZ
Member Number
Loc
Limeyland
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/rugby-union/53476972

​World Rugby could ban transgender athletes from playing women's rugby because of safety concerns.

It would be the first international sports federation to prohibit transgender women from competing.

World Rugby said it had undertaken a review of its "rugby-specific transgender guidelines" in light of the "latest peer reviewed research".

It said it was committed to "ensuring a safe and inclusive playing environment at all levels of the game".

In a statement to BBC Sport, it added: "The latest peer reviewed research confirms that a reduction of testosterone does not lead to a proportionate reduction in mass, muscle mass, strength or power. These important determinants of injury risk and performance remain significantly elevated after testosterone suppression.

"This presents a clear safety risk when transgender women play women's contact rugby and this position is reflected within draft guidelines that are currently out for stakeholder consultation prior to the World Rugby Council considering the matter later this year.

"Rugby is an inclusive and welcoming sport and World Rugby is fully committed to continuing to work with relevant groups to explore appropriate participation pathways for transgender athletes and is funding further research into the safe participation of all players in rugby. This is in addition to extensive non-contact participation avenues that are available to everyone at union level."

A decision is expected to be made when unions vote on the proposals at a World Rugby Council meeting in November.

Bout time the world stops pandering to modern day mental issues in all kinds of dumbfuck ways.

I'll stick to competing in rigs with rollcages. Don't matter if you identify as a lady or the fucking ghost of Christmas past. Suit up, strap in, shut up and drive.

Next week: world rugby loses all their corporate jew sponsors because they bigoted raciss and shiet

Next week: world rugby loses all their corporate jew sponsors because they bigoted raciss and shiet

We'll see when the vote happens I suppose. They seem to be going about it from a safety perspective. The numbers I've seen quoted from the studies seem pretty damning, with the average female player being 30-40% down in the mass, muscle mass, strength and power categories compared to the average male player. The reductions in those categories after a year of testosterone suppression for individuals who want through puberty as a man were in the 0-10% range. No where near enough to be considered safe for them to play with biological females.
The financial implications of going ahead with a ban may include losing some sponsors but the implications of not going ahead a far greater, namely from insurance perspectives. No one will cover women's rugby players at all due to the almost certainty of severe injuries or even death due to disparity between trans and biological players and that would kill women's rugby overnight.

Here's a good illustration of the problem....
775008138PW001_Jockey_X_All-1.jpg
The 2 birds are 2 of NZ's top female players and the 4 dudes are from the NZ mens 7's team and keep in mind the 7 aside guys tend towards the small and lightweight side for men's rugby as they have to do a hell of a lot more running than the 15 aside guys.
Under current rules any man can suddenly decide to call himself Shirley, go on testosterone suppression for a year, pass the piss test and presto (s)he's eligible to play women's rugby. With potentially far less than a 10% reduction in mass, power, etc you can see why it's pretty concerning to biological female players and world rugby in general.

They should just call it dicks and slits for sports. call yourself a man, woman, alpaca. it doesn't matter. you got a dick, to the left. got a slit? to the right.

Dick or no dick. Its pretty easy to figure out. I just imagine some people in the "less developed" countries who understand that a man is a man and a woman is a woman scratching their heads in wonderment about this entire gender issue.

stock, modified, limited classes all seem pretty straightforward. works in other sports

I really believe this is going to be a huge issue over the next 20 years and it will be 20 years before Olympics made a big ruling that effects everybody all the way down, either shutting it out or totally fucking it all up.

this is why the trans movement is latching so hard on to the black lives matter movement and anybody else in the spotlight. soon enough islam will even make a stand so clear that the woke folks can't ignore it.

of course, iran not having this problem somehow didn't do it :rasta:

Eliminate men's and women's designation in pro sports, run what ya brung.

And everyone can blame the tolerant liberals when no females play sports because that is what acceptance and equality looks like.

Transgender = crossdressers ?

They should just call it dicks and slits for sports. call yourself a man, woman, alpaca. it doesn't matter. you got a dick, to the left. got a slit? to the right.

Problem is surgery can make the slit and still not affect the mass ratio, at least not immediately. This is not my area of expertise but I'd imagine castration does not do it all. I believe they would still have to take hormones to become more feminine in muscle structure.

I'm sure there will be a law suit to try and stuff them in. I say create a "modified" class. Run what ever you want. Steroids, testosterone blockers, what ever you think will give you the edge to compete. I'm sure that would be someones fetish and work on Pay per view...

Problem is surgery can make the slit and still not affect the mass ratio, at least not immediately. This is not my area of expertise but I'd imagine castration does not do it all. I believe they would still have to take hormones to become more feminine in muscle structure.

I'm sure there will be a law suit to try and stuff them in. I say create a "modified" class. Run what ever you want. Steroids, testosterone blockers, what ever you think will give you the edge to compete. I'm sure that would be someones fetish and work on Pay per view...

alright fine. chromosome test. XX over there. XY's over there. better?

Bout time the world stops pandering to modern day mental issues in all kinds of dumbfuck ways.

I'll stick to competing in rigs with rollcages. Don't matter if you identify as a lady or the fucking ghost of Christmas past. Suit up, strap in, shut up and drive.

What is the story behind your sig?

Maybe I'm the only on who wouldn't mind seeing at least one game where the tranny just savaged everyone else on the field.:lmao:

If a person doesn't even know what gender they are, they shouldn't be allowed in sports period.

I find it funny that the progressives say the science is settled on global warming, We only listen to the science when it comes to decisions on corona virus but the science of gender can be completely ignored.

I wonder too about the transgender previous (men's) muscle memory returning when working out in weight room, work twice as hard perhaps-

I find it funny that the progressives say the science is settled on global warming, We only listen to the science when it comes to decisions on corona virus but the science of gender can be completely ignored.

Yeah, I'm like . . . "micro-aggressed" or "triggered" or . . . something.

Which kind of offended gives me a paid day off & a box of Crayolas? :confused:

Whatever type of offended gets me vacation, I'm that kinda' wounded :flipoff2:

The problem with that is that some people have both. And there is one that is in track and field, Intersex I believe they call it. She plays and identifies as a female but she is the size and shape of a man. But apparently there's a vaginer down there with a really big clit, and her testes are inside her belly.

That's actually fairly common, it's close to 1% or so I think.

Not me. Women are the ones that push this shit more than anyone else. The LGBT issue gained traction with fanatical hetero women first, and the liberal men only followed after them. This is an actual tactic in the GLAAD/LGBT social movment, in fact all social movements including Abolition. Get the women first.

So women asked to have Trans women treated as women. Women make all the posts on Twitter every time a trans woman posts her picture "oh honey you're so beautiful!" and "Queen!" and "Slay Queen!" and all of that shit.

And the ones that aren't into it go along with it because they're women and that's what women do. Young women play sports and young women are the ones on this bandwagon.

I've taken the 4pol approach: I hope Trans athletes take over female sports and push all the ladies aside. They deserve it, and everyone should see it.

I will not be happy until the WNBA and female soccer are dominated by 6'2" 'women' with deep voices and broad shoulders.

yXrDKMR.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Plus I want an MMA title win when I'm 55, I've got a few years to train and I'm sure I could beat any woman in my fighting-weight class. World Champ: EVERNOOOOOOOOOOB!

Hating Pro Sports makes worrying about stuff like this easy for me.

This is where I am at. I am working on a house for a Seattle sports radio broadcaster. We were talking and after I pointed out the many reasons I wont watch pro sports he blinked and said wow good for you I wish I could walk away like that.

Top Back Refresh