What's new

CO UT Wheeling Trip *gasp* in CC

Did you go with the Mopar lift for warranty purposes???
Love the stance of the JL, 37’s and that 2” lift!!!

No. Found a guy selling it used with “3k miles” for half the price so I jumped on it. I’d say it pulled closer to 3” of lift. Seems a lot taller in person. But yeah I’m digging the stance. Next on the to do list is to clearance the inner fenders while retaining the stock look. Had a good amount of rubbing.

:grinpimp:

7BB3843F-6D1A-4163-B520-2089DEC30E46.jpeg

Nice. Glad you had a good time.

Next time take a week and just base out of Silverton. It's my favorite place in the world I've found so far.

Trip looks awesome. Definitely need to go back to moab for some more trail riding. People hate on jeeps, but damn out of the box they do good.

Do you have a build thread for your rig here?

Nope ... but I did one over on Mud: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-thread.725183/

Lots and LOTS of bullshit but it's all there. Only reason I post this is the truck's currently for sale so maybe somebody here can appreciate the beast and take 'er off my hands.

If'n you're really bored ... here's a lil' adventure I took in 'er which includes some of the places mentioned on this here thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/livin-the-dream-the-diaries-of-a-madman.789126/

Not sure if'n ya can see all the pics or not. Might have to sign up.

And as for them silly-ass trail badges ...

Believe a fella can only stick those on his jeep if'n he's already got an angry-bird grill, a fake snorkel, and a Hi-Lift jack mounted on the hood. :flipoff2:

Good write up on the trip. We camped at Molas Lake outside Silverton all last week. Our trip was just a family camping trip so I picked one day and ran some part of the Alpine loop. I was in my stock '18 crew cab F150 and my FIL and BIL following in a 4 runner and AWD Subaru.

I had originally planned to run the whole loop out of Silverton (Silverton to Animas Forks. Cinnamon pass to make the loop through Lake City tthen down Engineer pass. Then take the trail at the bottom of Engineer into Ouray). We got stuck in slow traffic all the way to Animas Forks so we changed plans and only ran up Engineer pass then backtracked to head out to Ouray.

I don't know the trail name for the route from the bottom of Engineer to Ouray. I think its county roads 17 and 18. We made it about half way to Ouray before turning back for Silverton at the recommendation of a passing Jeep. The guys said the remaining trail would be too rough for the Subaru.

Was the route between Ouray and Engineer really that rough?

We turned around ran all the way back to Silverton. Like I said, we got stuck in traffic on the way into Animas forks from Silverton. It took us almost 2 hours. On the way out, the same route took 36 minutes :eek:.

Nice. Glad you had a good time.

Next time take a week and just base out of Silverton. It's my favorite place in the world I've found so far.

we used to camp in the free sites in south mineral camp ground and run around all over. it was great.

Top Back Refresh