What's new

CNC Inc Cutting brakes

Mattygwheeler

Member Number
CNC inc shut down shop a while back, who is making cutting brake MC's other than wilwood??
httpwww.polyperformance.comimages98931_main-1.jpg

You'd have to stack to get two, but I've seen these with hoonigan vids..

yeah the cnc ones were nice and cheap, probably one reason they went out of business. AND cnc only took purchase orders via FAX and shipped everything COD for shop accounts. Old school to a T

Empi VW/dune buggy levers are said to work in lighter rigs, that's what Woody runs in his Yota buggy.

basically same thing as CNC but available now and the company that makes them is still around and very active

Can you not just run two "drift brakes" and re-work the brackets to make ti compact?

Drift brakes are dirt cheap.

Yep $205 for a single Jamar vs $140 for the dual EMPI is expensive. Maybe they work that much better?????
Obviously you are not familiar with EMPI products. It's pretty much cheap Chinese shit VS made in 'Merica race car parts.

Also, the Jamar is a dual unit, they are stacked instead of side by side.

Obviously you are not familiar with EMPI products. It's pretty much cheap Chinese shit VS made in 'Merica race car parts.

Also, the Jamar is a dual unit, they are stacked instead of side by side.
Actually I have the EMPI in my buggy and it works just fine. That said, I wasn't aware of the Jamar when I bought mine so I can't say I wouldn't have considered that as an option, cuz yes, I would prefer to buy 'Merica.

And yea, I didn't catch that it was a dual. I was thinking of the single Chase Bays unit posted by Johnny above. My bad.

185 for Jamar or 140 for empi (both at kartek) for what appears to be very similar to the CNC OP posted. It looks like kartek has rebuild kits for the Jamar, not clear on if they have them for the empi. I prefer dual handle.

Pro tip, it will be years before you need a rebuild kit for the Jamars. CNC's needed rebuilding when new. Empi's aren't worth rebuilding. When they leak, no amount of new parts will fix them.

Ohh they have drift brakes? Here I am killing the handbake on the subi...

will these void new car warranty? :homer:

Pro tip, it will be years before you need a rebuild kit for the Jamars. CNC's needed rebuilding when new. Empi's aren't worth rebuilding. When they leak, no amount of new parts will fix them.
I've heard similar, that Empi brakes are lighter duty, and essentially disposable.

Nice to hear that Jamar units are good though. Better price than Wilwood...

Top Back Refresh