What's new

Climate Change Tied to Pregnancy Risks, Affecting Black Mothers Most

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
Pregnant women exposed to high temperatures or air pollution are more likely to have children who are premature, underweight or stillborn, and African-American mothers and babies are harmed at a much higher rate than the population at large, according to sweeping new research examining more than 32 million births in the United States.

The research adds to a growing body of evidence that minorities bear a disproportionate share of the danger from pollution and global warming. Not only are minority communities in the United States far more likely to be hotter than the surrounding areas, a phenomenon known as the “heat island” effect, but they are also more likely to be located near polluting industries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/...1240&user_id=29ba5e60e8cbb5832ec053b7d5e94909

Did they take into account parental drinking and drug use? Not going to read the article, but it is unfortunate the grey lady is now publishing this garbage.

Maybe that is why the fathers are not around, they went to a cooler location.

Maybe that is why the fathers are not around, they went to a cooler location.

There's a whole theory that affirmative action, welfare, model cities program, etc that promoted single parent households leading to the decline of minorities(see black communities) and increased poverty.

But thinking such is racist. Everything is racist.

There's a whole theory that affirmative action, welfare, model cities program, etc that promoted single parent households leading to the decline of minorities(see black communities) and increased poverty.

But thinking such is racist. Everything is racist.

Also Blacks have the highest % of abortion performed.

Air pollution is theory is correct, killing your lungs with Newports, crack & blunts stuffed w/herb. Don't forget the second hand smoke-

​​​​​​

If it's such a risk then how come they all seem to have 12 kids? Did it take 25 pregnancies to get 12 keepers? How come my cracker ass wife had 3 miscarriages? We don't live in a hot area? Or do we? Are we even white?

/
Coincidence the article/study is released now????

It's opportunity. Climate alarmists have lost traction. Tie race to climate change and the coffers open again.

In 2014 abortion killed 259,333 black babies in the US alone. That seems like that could be the greatest threat to black unborn children not climate.

Last edited:
Damnit I hate people. 1984 has arrived. Thought Police, revisionist history, the whole fucking nine yards.

I was watching the news today (I know first mistake) and a young woman said that black people should get their own holiday. There are government agencies that are promoting black owned businesses over all others, Uber Eats doesn't charge delivery fees for black owned restaurants. Black lives are the only one's that matter. None of that is considered racist. Could you imagine the uproar if it was for any other race? Oh, the humanity.

200 years from now they will look back and say What the FUCK??!!

Well if a stuffed animal on your roof is racist, why not climate change. Jesusfuckingchristwhatthefuckiswrongwithpeople
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/stuffe...d-controversy/

There's a place around here that has a large steel cutout of Sasquatch out in the middle of a field off the road a good distance so you don't notice it immediately. Since the beer virus they put a surgical mask and an American flag on it. Now I suppose that's racist too. :laughing:

This entire culture now is a Demoralization Campaign.

I'll agree with this. The media needs to be held accountable for their bullshit. They blow everything so out of proportion that it gets everyone all riled up about shit that doesn't matter... And of course they cater to the dumbasses that have free time on their hands so now they go around looking to be offended.

I haven't watched the news in over 10 years and honestly get my "world news" from here on irate. None of it matters. I can only control what is around me, so I focus on that.

Most people need to learn to focus on bettering their own lives before crying about ridiculous shit. But it's just too easy to point fingers and blame someone else for your misfortunes rather than own up to your own responsibilities.

Top Back Refresh