What's new

Class C 4x4 Converstion

People in CA would freak out if they say you open a sewer valve. They don't care if it's gray / black / fresh, anything leaking puts people in a panic.

Why would they freak out (other than because they're stupid subhuman wastes of oxygen)?

It was about 4-5K I think, I listed all the prices, I just forgot the total.
The main cost was tires and wheels being 2k. You can use the factory tires and wheels if you like little tires :)

People in CA would freak out if they say you open a sewer valve. They don't care if it's gray / black / fresh, anything leaking puts people in a panic.
Separate 1" valve marked "non-potable recycled water" that you fill a bucket from which tees off of the grey water dump line?

Aaron Z

Separate 1" valve marked "non-potable recycled water" that you fill a bucket from which tees off of the grey water dump line?

Aaron Z
This^^^ Ive always understood gray water is just sink water. Right? I wouldnt see anything wrong with using soapy gray water to douse fires and save your freshwater. Especially if you go all greenie and use environmentally friendly soaps and shampoos. Hell its better because like he said youre using reclaimed water.

Ooh ooh its even more betterer, you can lecture greenies who question you on the fact that they arent using reclaimed water and that theyre wasting precious freshwater to put out a campfire.
Any chance to shame a greenie is worth it. Hell Id even wait till there are some going by and make a show of opening a sewer line just so they complain. Fuckin retarded greenies.

Sink and shower water = gray. Basically any other waste water than the toilet. When I'm camping on my Arizona property I will dump 5 gallon buckets of gray water around the trees. Doesn't seem to smell and soaks in quickly.

fun fact, while the poop tank gets bleach and such to keep the stink down, people don't think to do the same for the gray, so it will stink even worse

Sink and shower water = gray. Basically any other waste water than the toilet. When I'm camping on my Arizona property I will dump 5 gallon buckets of gray water around the trees. Doesn't seem to smell and soaks in quickly.
Growing up, we had a large garden and a 30 ft hand dug well in the front yard that went dry every summer.
At 9 or 10 I rigged up a pair of 55 gallon drums on a trailer to catch the wastewater from the washer and we used that to water the garden.
Not sure how much it actually helped, but I had fun doing it.
Later we put in a couple hundred foot deep drilled well which never runs out of water, but is very hard (high iron)

Aaron Z

We had a very small pond that was filled by the gray water from the washing machine at my parent's house in Del Mar for about 30 years.

I see zero issue dumping grey onto a fire.... I don't have a grey tank, just a jug under the sink. I always dump it on the fire :flipoff2:

shocks.jpg
Added a second shock to help control it.
For reference, the eye - eye shock is stock 2004 F250, the other Stud -Eye shock is 2005 dodge ram.

I added a second trans cooler too.
The 6 speed is set to run at 200 degrees and it does it well, I just added a second one to help shed heat when needed.

I got a smaller one too for the power steering. Coming home from the mountains, on the brakes a lot I noticed my power steering puked. There is a factory cooler, but now it's bigger. No exciting pictures as it's just a few coolers.

Did you ever add any cross members?

or now that you used it for a while do you feel the need to add any cross members for the RV portion?

I have a Class A coach and a few of the frame to body supports have broken over the years. I think it's due to just driving it in the dirt to camping spots. That and the I-5 in the central valley.

I think it's better to have a little more suspension like you have so there is not as much strain on the body since frame and body are basically welded together.

Did you ever add any cross members?

or now that you used it for a while do you feel the need to add any cross members for the RV portion?
I added more truss and supports to the trailer hitch, that's it.
The body is still fine, no popped panels or anything, I think people thinking it needed more crossmembers were just pre mature.

Top Back Refresh