Votes: 61 48.0%
  • Butt hurt right starts it

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bacon

Votes: 62 48.8%

• Total voters

Nakor

Member Number
With the current on going shit show in the USA. How long till the Media and stokes the flames. I know there will be hell to pay on Nov 7.

Last edited:
I don't think it would help anyone, I am wondering about influence from other countries stirring the pot.:stirthepot: we don't win from a civil war.

0Ny4D1i.jpg

there isn't enough unity on either side for this to even reassemble a reality.

Yup.

Civil war is definitely in the future. But not this year. This year will be medium sized pockets of civil unrest (larger than we are currently seeing). Some will die (nothing close to the ~500k in the Civil war). The millennials will tuck tail after seeing a few of their friends killed. They will shelter in place like the children they are. The US will plow forward while the unrest gets worse and spreads.

Civil war 2.0 in ~10 years.

Yup.

Civil war is definitely in the future. But not this year. This year will be medium sized pockets of civil unrest (larger than we are currently seeing). Some will die (nothing close to the ~500k in the Civil war). The millennials will tuck tail after seeing a few of their friends killed. They will shelter in place like the children they are. The US will plow forward while the unrest gets worse and spreads.

I'm seeing the election causing upheaval if it goes to Trump... I have no doubt about that. Hell I am seeing the election itself having major civil unrest for that matter.

during the dem primaries, something like 20% of sanders supporters said they wouldn't support a D candidate that wasn't sanders.

there is a pile of articles out there about "anybody but trump" and D crowd hoping like hell that biden stays hidden out and doesn't say or release a damn thing until after the election

during this chaos, biden has said "shoot 'em in the leg" in reference to looters and criminals, supposedly in direct empathetic response to trumps "looting start, shooting starts"

biden is adamant about more police funding and against defund notions across the board, and has his record and the 1994 crime bill as proof that he loves the police state.

the same people that would riot if trump wins, will still riot if biden wins.

Not a chance this year, not a chance in 10 years.

-the Federal government is an unstoppable behemoth. Whiny dipshits in Seattle and the hood don't matter- is there any indication of carrier groups or airbases defecting and attacking other elements of the US military? That's what it will take to start a civil war.

-as long as the bread and circuses are thick enough on the ground, no one is getting killed for rhetoric. A nation whose technology at farming and transport keeps it's poorest classes rich enough to be fat has no worries about revolution.

The last civil war had;

1) Battle lines
2) A common enemy
3) Uniforms
4) Sides
5) Leaders
6) A cause

Where is that today? There are too many causes to fight for. So many splinter groups inside of each "faction" it's absurd.

Forgive the pun but there is no "black and white" side to stake your claim on. There are too many issues to fight for or against and that is the reason for the chaos.

Civil war? I think not.

we don't win from a civil war.

Correct, if you're a Democrat you WILL lose just like the last civil war they started.. They started the last civil war with shooting and they are doing it again. Just the other side isn't shooting back... yet.

Correct, if you're a Democrat you WILL lose just like the last civil war they started.. They started the last civil war with shooting and they are doing it again. Just the other side isn't shooting back... yet.

I sorta meant the cost to the country. I think it would be incredibly shitty for everyone. I don't really want to get to the point that I'm trying to figure out who's gonna start shooting at me when I got to get food, etc. Been listening to guys that spend alot of time in countries which are pretty much in civil wars and there isn't a winning side.

There will be no actual civil war, it would be two factions attempting to fight each other while both getting fucked up by drones. The civil war will be waged with words on the internet and images on tv and in the minds of the people. Go walk outside, people are still doing the same shit they always do and not lighting each other up outside of the regular places.

I sorta meant the cost to the country. I think it would be incredibly shitty for everyone. I don't really want to get to the point that I'm trying to figure out who's gonna start shooting at me when I got to get food, etc. Been listening to guys that spend alot of time in countries which are pretty much in civil wars and there isn't a winning side.

There are a host of wars, but let's get this straight:

The Union won the US Civil War.
Communists won the Cuban Civil War.
Nationalists won the Spanish Civil War.
Bolsheviks won the Russian Civil War.
Maoists won the Chinese Civil War.....

You can see there's a pattern developing....

Yes some wars just smoulder for decades of violence, almost always in smaller countries which function as proxy theaters for larger powers. That isn't the case in the US as the US is by far, and you have to take off your media glasses, the most powerful nation on Earth. A Civil War here would be absolutely decisive one way or the other. I make no predictions other than that I'm specifically talking about whether a CW is decisive or not, and in the USA it would be.

The last civil war had;

1) Battle lines
2) A common enemy
3) Uniforms
4) Sides
5) Leaders
6) A cause

Where is that today? There are too many causes to fight for. So many splinter groups inside of each "faction" it's absurd.

Forgive the pun but there is no "black and white" side to stake your claim on. There are too many issues to fight for or against and that is the reason for the chaos.

Civil war? I think not.

Yes those large formations dominate the History and the events of the time, but the fact is the US was in armed struggle well before the Civil War and that continued throughout the war, and even afterward.

The Union also didn't have that much of a cause no matter what the Leftists tell you, please, this is one of those Media cases. No, I am NOT a Confederate apologist.

Lincoln struggled with the Union and the South's entire strategy, and it was a good one, was to wait until the Union got tired and quit. That almost happened, so a Draft was started and there were Draft Riots, EVERYWHERE. That's because in 1863, Lincoln tried to tell white immigrants with starving children that they had to leave their families and go South to free the Black Man.

I am not a CW expert by far but I do know that. It's not clean-cut, at all. The Union was begging for a Cause and that's why the Left makes a huge deal about the Emancipation Proclamation, and it was a huge deal. Still it meant nothing to Hans trying to cut enough logs to keep his 5 babies fed getting drafted. You know, the part of the Civil War that is IN the books and documentaries, but not the POPULAR books and documentaries. It's all so much messier.

Shit will get much worse before it ever will get better again.

This is not an opportunity to point out how simple this statement is, or denigrate you for it. You're absolutely right. That's what everyone is saying: It's going to get worse before it gets better.

What is the path out of this which means we go back to normal?

I was watching an exhaustive lecture series about the Black Death today, and there is still no indication whatsoever that COVID will not come back and fuck us up, and keep coming back again and again. I know that is unpopular politically around here, but scientifically it's totally valid.

We could be entering a period, a long period, and perhaps even CENTURIES, of intermittent plague with some civil conflict thrown in.

At this point that is not a wild supposition.

The Black Death started in 1346 when some Tartars catapulted dead bodies over the walls of a Genoan trading settlement on the Sea of Azov, deep in the heart of the Asian Mainland. That shit kept coming back until 1667. That's 320 years.

during the dem primaries, something like 20% of sanders supporters said they wouldn't support a D candidate that wasn't sanders.

there is a pile of articles out there about "anybody but trump" and D crowd hoping like hell that biden stays hidden out and doesn't say or release a damn thing until after the election

during this chaos, biden has said "shoot 'em in the leg" in reference to looters and criminals, supposedly in direct empathetic response to trumps "looting start, shooting starts"

biden is adamant about more police funding and against defund notions across the board, and has his record and the 1994 crime bill as proof that he loves the police state.

the same people that would riot if trump wins, will still riot if biden wins.

Yeah but it'll just back off for a while.

If Trump wins, it's guaranteed riots. And that's what's being pushed:

You better not vote for Trump or we'll riot more!

That's what this is coming down to. Makes me want to vote Trump despite Jared Kutschner.

I asked it before, and this looks like a good place to ask it again, but

What will the next civil war look like?

Riots only? To what end?

California mentioned supplying for the costal area. Will this be the next Mason Dixon line? How will the other liberal locations be included?

General Martial Law across the land?

Political 'war' ousting the other side?

Will the US become the next Venezuela?

With the makeup of society today, civil war might/probably won't look like it did last time. It could be something we've never seen before.

Last edited:
I feel like maybe the war has already started. Some people just arent involved yet.

I'm seeing the election causing upheaval if it goes to Trump...

I have no doubt about that.

Hell I am seeing the election itself having major civil unrest for that matter.

Without a fucking doubt! :eek: :laughing: :homer: :mad3:

It will be the climax to what has been the last 3.5 years.

Yet; it may very well be 'the end of the beginning', as Sir Winston Churchill once said.

This is not an opportunity to point out how simple this statement is, or denigrate you for it. You're absolutely right. That's what everyone is saying: It's going to get worse before it gets better.

What is the path out of this which means we go back to normal?

I was watching an exhaustive lecture series about the Black Death today, and there is still no indication whatsoever that COVID will not come back and fuck us up, and keep coming back again and again. I know that is unpopular politically around here, but scientifically it's totally valid.

We could be entering a period, a long period, and perhaps even CENTURIES, of intermittent plague with some civil conflict thrown in.

At this point that is not a wild supposition.

The Black Death started in 1346 when some Tartars catapulted dead bodies over the walls of a Genoan trading settlement on the Sea of Azov, deep in the heart of the Asian Mainland. That shit kept coming back until 1667. That's 320 years.

Youre a god damn idiot. The black death would have been wiped out within a few years with todays technology.

Yup.

People always forget about the millennials who stockpile guns and ammo just everyone should. Not me specifically, but there are a lot of us. I mean them. There are a lot of them.

Not a chance this year, not a chance in 10 years.

-the Federal government is an unstoppable behemoth. Whiny dipshits in Seattle and the hood don't matter- is there any indication of carrier groups or airbases defecting and attacking other elements of the US military? That's what it will take to start a civil war.

-as long as the bread and circuses are thick enough on the ground, no one is getting killed for rhetoric. A nation whose technology at farming and transport keeps it's poorest classes rich enough to be fat has no worries about revolution.

A whole lot of truth here.

Last edited:
The Union was begging for a Cause and that's why the Left makes a huge deal about the Emancipation Proclamation, and it was a huge deal. Still it meant nothing to Hans trying to cut enough logs to keep his 5 babies fed getting drafted. You know, the part of the Civil War that is IN the books and documentaries, but not the POPULAR books and documentaries. It's all so much messier.

I make heads spin with this. People don't know history. They only know the history that they are hand fed. The US Civil War started April 12, 1861. The freeing of Southern slaves was declared through the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863. If it was so important to the North to free slaves then wouldn't they have done that prior to declaring war?

One cannot believe that a war was fought for 20 months over something that was not yet declared illegal. The Proclamation was issued in September, 1962 and threatened to be enforced if the South didn't comply with his demands. It was an executive order, and it was put into effect the following January. What people don't realize today is that slaves were only freed in the South as an attempt to cripple their army that was supported by slaves. The Northern slave and slaves in the West were not freed. Lincoln is not the champion that they think that he was.

I make heads spin with this. People don't know history. They only know the history that they are hand fed. The US Civil War started April 12, 1861. The freeing of Southern slaves was declared through the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863. If it was so important to the North to free slaves then wouldn't they have done that prior to declaring war?

One cannot believe that a war was fought for 20 months over something that was not yet declared illegal. The Proclamation was issued in September, 1962 and threatened to be enforced if the South didn't comply with his demands. It was an executive order, and it was put into effect the following January. What people don't realize today is that slaves were only freed in the South as an attempt to cripple their army that was supported by slaves. The Northern slave and slaves in the West were not freed. Lincoln is not the champion that they think that he was.

My memory is a bit foggy on this, but I thought Lincoln freed the slaves to be in a better position to receive foreign support/money.

Top Back Refresh