What's new

Cigars

You don't need to let anything sit for a year. Pretty much all cigars will benefit from a month in the humidor, some get better after a year. Nothing special about Cuban ones in this regard. This is why you buy by the box, so you aren't always waiting for the day to smoke that 1 you got a year ago!

Exactly.

they can sit a year, if stored correctly, but no real need. It is nice to let them sit for about a month, but I’m impatient, so I smoke them when I get them. Back in the day Cohiba was a big deal, but now, not so much. Good smoke, but not some rarity it use to be, other than maybe a few of them.

Fuck you guys, dream crushers. I’m new to cigars so :flipoff2: y’all. :laughing:

So then what are the current suggestions for a cigar in the $8-12 range. I like sweet. Typically drink with beer or whiskey. Lately though I’ve been doing Tequila.

Fuck you guys, dream crushers. I’m new to cigars so :flipoff2: y’all. :laughing:

So then what are the current suggestions for a cigar in the $8-12 range. I like sweet. Typically drink with beer or whiskey. Lately though I’ve been doing Tequila.
I had no idea you were black

bump. Was gifted a Cohiba Cuban today. Thinking about picking some up as I had one recently and it was phenomenal. But should I let it sit for year? I have the patience for it.
My advice would be to try one and see. If it's harsh or bitter, stash em for a while and try again. If it's enjoyable, smoke em now.

I've had some that were good to go and some that seemed much better after some aging. I have a batch now that's almost 2 yrs old and one that's less than 6 months (both were gifts) and the younger ones taste about the same.

Of course all of them might be fakes but who cares, they were free.

I'm too lazy to find the edit button right now, I just noticed you only have the one. Well if it's got sentimental value, like a gift from a good friend, stash it save it for a special day. If it's just a freebie then have at it.

Even the unaged ones aren't terrible, they just aren't as smooth.

Either way, my personal opinion is Cubans are extremely overrated at this point. They aren't bad but I think their soils have passed their prime.

Some really good blends coming out of Honduras and the like.

FYI, the logic behind aging Cubans is that most cigar companies age their leaves before rolling. Cuba doesn't have the infrastructure to do that anymore so it's assumed the aging needs to be done post purchase.

I am getting my info from cigar forums which are more contradictory than a woman picking where to eat for dinner so take that advice for what it is.

I may die tonight and I'd rather not leave my good shit unsmoked. Enjoy em or stash em for a special day. There's no rule.

I heard years ago a fresh rolled Cuban you wanted to smoke as soon as you could otherwise you wanted to let them set in your humidor for 6 months.
By the way finaly broke down an bought a humidor built out of a wine cooler fridge everything stays around 72 degrees and 73% humidity!
Now I just have to evict the damn pack rats from my MH so I can have a place to relax and smoke one

On a trip to 🇨🇷 I bought a box of Cohibas, cedar box. Built-in humidor thingy, Cuban tax wrapper, etc. I'm pretty sure they were fake.

I've had verified Cuban Punch cigars and they were amazing. Spicy to the lips, and smooth to the smoke. My go-to guy in Las Vegas is a Syrian emigrant, and his whole store is a humidor

16026.jpeg
20210514_180022.jpg
these are pretty good.

More cigar arguments

Cutters

• simple guillotine single or double blade
  • plug, punch, circle
  • v
  • scissors
  • shuriken

I like V

I use punch at the farm because it’s small and convenient

but I only smoke 50+ rings

More cigar arguments

Cutters

• simple guillotine single or double blade
  • plug, punch, circle
  • v
  • scissors
  • shuriken

I like V

I use punch at the farm because it’s small and convenient

but I only smoke 50+ rings
Depends on the cigar. I like the V for some, single blade guillotine for others.

I got a v cutter but it just makes the cigar look like a dick to me so I only use it when in the bubble bath with Barry white playing.

My go to cutter is my Cuban crafters regular old double guillotine.

Pretty much use a punch have one on each keychain. Used to use a 16 penny nail!
Just showed up in my email only $29.99

Daughter gets married on June 4th. I have no desire to by a humidor as I am only going to look for cigars for the reception. If I order online how long can they sit without going completely bad? Is there another way to store cigars for a very short period of time?

I plan on looking at all the sites mentioned in here as I believe sampler packs will be best received by all. I’m looking for a mellow body with a somewhat easy draw. Does not have to burn forever. Open to any suggestions, The Olivia Connect seems to be appealing with the little research I have done. Also not going to break the bank as everyone will be drinking to much to truly appreciate a high quality stick...at least I know I will...lol

Get some Tupperware with a rubber seal. When you order the sticks, order a boveda pack at the humidity level you want. When it all shows up, put it in the Tupperware and seal shut.

I use this method with damp sponges to rehydrate my boveda packs gradually.

Get some Tupperware with a rubber seal. When you order the sticks, order a boveda pack at the humidity level you want. When it all shows up, put it in the Tupperware and seal shut.

I use this method with damp sponges to rehydrate my boveda packs gradually.
Thanks! Holts is 15 minutes away. Was looking at the Olivia Masters Monster deal. #1 on their sampler list. Or #8 RJ & Montecristo deal. If I pick them up I can avoid the shipping fee and assume they would be fresh for a day or two corr3ct?

Famous Smoke in Easton Pa is 90 miles so it is drivable in a few hours. Prices there are so much cheaper.

Daughter gets married on June 4th. I have no desire to by a humidor as I am only going to look for cigars for the reception. If I order online how long can they sit without going completely bad? Is there another way to store cigars for a very short period of time?

I plan on looking at all the sites mentioned in here as I believe sampler packs will be best received by all. I’m looking for a mellow body with a somewhat easy draw. Does not have to burn forever. Open to any suggestions, The Olivia Connect seems to be appealing with the little research I have done. Also not going to break the bank as everyone will be drinking to much to truly appreciate a high quality stick...at least I know I will...lol
Leave them in their boxes in your garage or somewhere not with A/C running. They’ll be fine

Any thoughts on this for $90.00?

Oliva Cigar Family has been the proud recipient of the illustrious 'Holt's Vendor of the Year' award for three straight years. This year, they've once again positioned themselves as the early frontrunner with their bomb-dropping release of the Oliva Master Blends Monster Deal. This 20-cigar sampler features the crown jewel of the Oliva's portfolio, Master Blends 3, at 66% OFF MSRP! Wallet-soothing, commerce-friendly savings unrivaled by any other smokeshops across the country mean you can stock your humidor deep with the strikingly rich, yet subtly sweet Nicaraguan gems buried in this luscious bunch for pennies on the dollar. Buy Master Blends 3 today for the lowest prices on the planet!
Sampler includes:
  • 5 - Oliva Master Blends 3 Churchill (7 x 50)
  • 5 - Oliva Master Blends 3 Robusto (5 x 50)
  • 5 - Oliva Master Blends 3 Torpedo (6 x 52)
  • 5 - Oliva Master Blends 3 Double Robusto (5 x 54)

Or this for $85

'Connecticut Cream' Monster Deal​

‘Connecticut Cream’ Monster Deal corrals the silkiest cigars on the planet in an epic 20-cigar assortment designed to delight the senses with no end in sight. Handcrafted, premium blends from Montecristo, San Cristobal, Oliva, Perdomo and Argyle have won tons of diehard admirers and accolades over the years. Fans of the approachable, toasted and nutty profile only a silky, golden Connecticut wrapper delivers will literally wake up in cigar nirvana for only $4.25 per cigar. Add ‘Connecticut Cream’ to the cart without further delay and achieve supreme gratification with 54% off MSRP when you click through the checkout, friends!
Sampler includes:
  • 4 - Montecristo Robusto Larga (5.75 x 50)
  • 4 - San Cristobal Elegancia Robusto (5 x 50)
  • 4 - Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Robusto (5 x 54)
  • 4 - Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto (5 x 50)
  • 4 - Argyle Banquet Selection Imperial (6 x 50)

The boxes they come in are not meant to serve as humidors and they are not sealed in the sense you might think. They store those boxes in walk in humidors for a reason. Also, you don't want them in too warm of an environment. Google cigar beetles to see what can happen. Short time frames it's ok but it can take as little as a week. Generally 70/70 (temp/humidity) is the good starting point.

That being said, I've had boxes take 2 weeks to get to my house and it was ok even though the tiny boveda it shipped with was dried out. And I've never seen a cigar beetles in my life.

If you're in a pinch, I've used a moist paper towel tossed in a freezer bag with some sticks. Try not to let the towel directly contact the cigars.

Essentially once they leave the humid environment the oils start to dry out. Opinions vary on how quick it happens (tons of variables) but to me a 3 buck boveda pack and some cheap sealed Tupperware is worth it to protect 100 bucks or more in sticks.

Phillyfan, see if you can find a My Father's sampler. I've yet to find one of theirs that disappointed. They are a reliable line.

Also, leaf by Oscar in Sumatra is a very solid smoke and you can find deals on them.

Phillyfan, see if you can find a My Father's sampler. I've yet to find one of theirs that disappointed. They are a reliable line.

Also, leaf by Oscar in Sumatra is a very solid smoke and you can find deals on them.
Thanks love me some Honduran smokes

• 1 - Don Pepin Garcia Vegas Cubanas Generosos (6 x 50)
  • 1 - Flor de las Antillas Maduro Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - My Father Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - El Centurion H-2K-CT Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - La Duena Toro (6 x 50)

sample pack #2
  • 1 - La Antiguedad Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - My Father La Gran Oferta Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - El Centurion Toro (6 x 50)
  • 1 - Don Pepin Garcia Original Generosos (6 x 50)

Top Back Refresh