What's new

chromoly 1550 shafts

Wfoyota

Member Number
So how many of yall are breaking these yukon 1550s in the 40 spline or other flavors? They seemed like the real deal for the price but ive got some buddies who are killing them and not breaking the spicer joints. Mainly just curious what kind of luck yall are seeing?

sounds like shitty setup.
That's what BK and most other "cheap" 1550 chromo shafts use and they hold big hp

Also, Big Bells don't break.

So how many of yall are breaking these yukon 1550s in the 40 spline or other flavors? They seemed like the real deal for the price but ive got some buddies who are killing them and not breaking the spicer joints. Mainly just curious what kind of luck yall are seeing?
Not Yukon but, I’ve broken 3 Branik 4340 40 spline stub shafts in the last year - year and a half. I asked about possible issues with heat treat on that batch or some other issues and was told nobody is breaking them. I’m running 1480 kingpin shafts so Branik was my only option. I ended up ordering 300M hoping it solves the issue. Maybe the 4340 just is t holding up in the 40 spline size.

Not Yukon but, I’ve broken 3 Branik 4340 40 spline stub shafts in the last year - year and a half. I asked about possible issues with heat treat on that batch or some other issues and was told nobody is breaking them. I’m running 1480 kingpin shafts so Branik was my only option. I ended up ordering 300M hoping it solves the issue. Maybe the 4340 just is t holding up in the 40 spline size.
My 300m 40 spline kingpin legacy shafts have been great so far. Definitely odd the 4340 version is breaking like that.

sounds like shitty setup.
That's what BK and most other "cheap" 1550 chromo shafts use and they hold big hp

Also, Big Bells don't break.
Explain shitty setup when this is literally basic nuts and bolts going together? Jake is breaking them btw and big bells dont turn 50*.

So far my Branik 4340 40spline 1550 inners have been holding up just fine in my new buggy and ive had it in some shitty bound up situations fully turned. I run branik 1550 joints and their legacy direct drive outer stub shafts. So far so good, but i do have a set of spare inners just in case. The price point of the branik ECGS 40 spline 1550 inners are hard to beat at like $400 each. Compare that to braniks 2-piece legacy inners at like $1200 each.

My 300m 40 spline kingpin legacy shafts have been great so far. Definitely odd the 4340 version is breaking like that.
Donny broke a 300M one last year. Everything breaks.

Explain shitty setup when this is literally basic nuts and bolts going together? Jake is breaking them btw and big bells dont turn 50*.
Are you sure the axle is actually straight ? Bent during truss welding and / or BJE not perfectly lined up. There was a post about this a few days ago.

Jake breaks everything... but big bells. They do break but it's 1000+hp SRRS territory.
50 degree can break plenty too. The more angle, the weaker it is.

Top Back Refresh