What's new

Chorizo

Twinstick

Member Number
For new years eve, my brother in law and I are having a Mexican theme. Basically, it just gives us an excuse to drink Mexican beer. But the wives are wanting to do tacos, and I'm tired of the same old boring tacos.

Anything you guys like that's pretty easy to do Mexican themed? I've really been on a chorizo kick lately, and was wondering if anyone had any good/easy recipes? Any other suggestions welcome. I'm not the best cook, and usually stick to grilling and smoking. Also trying not to get anything to elaborate with like 8 hours prep time. I rarely get a holiday off, so I'll definitely be drinking a good bit. Thanks for the help, Clayton.

Mix chorizo with cooked rice and cheese, stuff that into par cooked peppers, cover with more cheese and bake until it’s melted.

If you do nachos, my ace up the sleeve is 50/50 ground beef ground sausage. Plus, do one layer chips/toppings/cheese then bake a bit, then another layer and bake a bit, then one more layer and bake...

I do, so go ahead and spill the recipe. :smokin:
Lmao ! I love to cook but all I was getting at is I have yet to cook anything on my black stone that didn’t turn out amazing . I would sauté up some onions and peppers and a couple ribeyes and some chorizo a little fresh cilantro and make a fresh homemade green or red salsa depending on preference and heat your tortillas on the seasoned stone . Easy quick and will give you plenty of time to enjoy your drinks 😎 … now if it were me I’ve wanted to do my own al pastor pork for years now and haven’t dedicated the time to do it but in a crunch I’d do what I mentioned in a heart beat .

I’ve been looking for a good chorizo brand that isn’t 98% grease. When I was stationed in Colorado, I found a fantastic chorizo, but I haven’t been able to find another.

Any suggestions ?

Chile Verde w/pork. I make it almost every wheeling trip.

It’s stupid easy.

Big Safeway jar of green salsa
Onion
Small can diced green chilies
2 cans diced fire roasted tomatoes.
Green bell peppers
Chipotle peppers in abodo sauce if you like spicy, only use 3 peppers.
Big spoonful of diced garlic
Pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste

Whatever pork cut you like, cut up and browned.

Dump it all in the crock pot. Cool like regular chili.

Skewered with shrimp and pineapple and fried on a woodstove in your front yard in the snow then fed to all the neighborhood children as they play and slide down your snowbank during the height of the covid lockdowns. :mr-t:

P1010465.JPG
P1010466.JPG
P1010460.JPG

For new years eve, my brother in law and I are having a Mexican theme. Basically, it just gives us an excuse to drink Mexican beer. But the wives are wanting to do tacos, and I'm tired of the same old boring tacos.

Anything you guys like that's pretty easy to do Mexican themed? I've really been on a chorizo kick lately, and was wondering if anyone had any good/easy recipes? Any other suggestions welcome. I'm not the best cook, and usually stick to grilling and smoking. Also trying not to get anything to elaborate with like 8 hours prep time. I rarely get a holiday off, so I'll definitely be drinking a good bit. Thanks for the help, Clayton.
For my kiddos, I literally just fry up one lb of chorizo, and mix in as much cream cheese as you want. That's it. And it is amazing and takes 10 minutes. They just eat it with chips.

Update. As luck would have it, I walk down to my basement Christmas morning, and find a small puddle next to my freezer chest. Somehow, it had gotten unplugged. Luckily I caught it before everything went bad. I did have a brisket starting to thaw. So, it looks like I'll be smoking a brisket today, and taking the point to shred for brisket tacos. I've never done them, but I can't imagine going wrong with brisket and tacos.

Very late to the thread but I'll add my .02 cents. Take your chorizo and brown it up while you grill a few chicken breasts. Rough cut an onion and if you want peppers sauté them on the grill as well. Make strips out of your chicken once finished. Shred some queso chihuahua (don't do pre-shredded, it doesn't melt as nice). Load up some large tortillas to make quesadillas with everything and grill them on a very well buttered flat top till browned and crispy on both sides. Might not be authentic but it's so good.

I’ve been on a hunt for good chorizo for a while. While running errands today we stopped in a butcher shop I’ve been past a dozen times. We bought chorizo and a few other things, I’m going to cook some up in the morning. It smells fantastic, fingers crossed 🤞🏻

update

I thawed one of the sausages, then cut off the casing. I browned it like you would hamburger. The flavor was fantastic, and very little grease. I think we found a keeper :homer:.

F89DAED5-EBDA-44A9-BC42-81ED57740A3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh