• Bacon

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

KarlVP

Not Sure
Member Number
Loc
Crusty's Brewing, Wa
My wife went shopping today. I asked for Valentina hot sauce. She came home with the biggest bottle of Cholula they make. I think Cholula tastes like fish.

Discuss.

depends what its going on, i use cholula more than anything else for things like pizza and fajitas, occasionally crystal for burritos, oh and tapatio is good on breakfast stuff

Last edited:
I use 3 different varieties of El Yucateco and also Tabasco chipotle. The Tabasco chipotle I put on damn near everything. I use about a bottle a week. The black Yucateco is my favorite. The habaneros are roasted and smoked. :smokin:

CF77277C-9B70-4BDA-A9D3-18F7655D6870.jpeg

Last edited:
Cholula makes the tastiest green hot sauce, hands-down, and it has respectable heat.

Cholula's red sauce taste is 2 notches below "meh" - give it away. Tapatio red is 30x better.

El yucateco, preferably the green habanero

The green goes really well mixing into salsa to bring some heat. I've since found good hot salsa for chips, but used to keep some around just for that.

The problem with those is they are vinegar based and don’t do shit for me.

The vinegar ruins it for me, too - same reason I think original Tabasco blows goats.
There's plenty we put vinegar on/in, but hot sauce ain't one of 'em.
I'm not trying to spice up fish 'n' chips, fer kryssakes :laughing:

Sideboard of our dining table has a bottle each of Cholula green, Tapatio red, and Sriracha.
We have other sauces in the kitchen, but those 3 handle 90% of our hot sauce needs.

The green goes really well mixing into salsa to bring some heat. I've since found good hot salsa for chips, but used to keep some around just for that.

I do not like the green. The xxxhot El Yucateco has a very earthy taste to it.

So, anything vinegar based goes in the garbage, where it belongs.

Cholula is flavor sauce, not hot sauce... Except for the new sweet habanero sauce - that's respectably warm. :smokin:

Never had valentina.

Cholulu isn’t hot at all, it’s weaker than Texas Pete. I’d like to find a nice medium between Dave’s insanity and cholulu. I go through a bottle a month easily

Never had valentina.

Cholulu isn’t hot at all, it’s weaker than Texas Pete. I’d like to find a nice medium between Dave’s insanity and cholulu. I go through a bottle a month easily

El Yucateco is for you.

Last time I had Dave’s was like 20 years ago. It had vinegar made from sugar cane in it. Either way it’s garbage.

Last edited:
20200612_172555.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_172555.jpg Views:	0 Size:	321.2 KB ID:	37953
Ok
20 ago the word was gunna end also (remember y2k?)
Taste is very subjective.
sorry I'ma chilli head, hot is one thing.
flavor is one thing.
hot and tasty....
oh yea.
carry on.

Last edited:
I recently found Hell Fire Detroit from Hot Ones (the youtube channel, not the dumbass show).

It's fucking awesome on wings.

hellfiredet_1024x1024.jpg?v=1559935911.jpg

Reactions: Clb
I mostly use cholula or siracha. I have a cabinet filled with hot sauces. My caregiver makes this sauce, from habaneros scorpions and Carolina reapers that I grow. It is uncomfortably hot. I literally think it’s just ground up seeds and one pepper.

photo8796.jpg

Ok
20 ago the word was gunna end also (remember y2k?)
Taste is very subjective.

20 years ago was a long time. There is absolutely zero flavor in Dave’s, it’s all heat. I’ve been through a lot of different sauces. Probably close to 150. My uncles makes a sauce out of habaneros and scorpions. It has tons of flavor but he doesn’t like to give it out. What else is out there for good shit?

Nuthin
nadda
scorpion and habanero are 2+ k on scoville (give or take) so I got nuthin

Edit
Home brews rock specially once you get whatcha LIKE down.

Last edited:
The vinegar ruins it for me, too - same reason I think original Tabasco blows goats.
There's plenty we put vinegar on/in, but hot sauce ain't one of 'em.
I'm not trying to spice up fish 'n' chips, fer kryssakes :laughing:
Isn’t this the truth....

I hate vinegar hot sauces...

I try to buy different bottles. problem is, i can never remember which ones i've had or if they were good or not :rasta:

Top Back Refresh