What's new

Chicom Eotech for just plinking?

CaryW

Member Number
Is there a decent holographic Amazon tactical that is usable/fairly durable? Say 150 or under with mount? I had a little trouble seeing a red dot tube type with my screwed up eyes and found an old NCstar that i can see just fine. Obviously something better than that and I know Amazon reviews are mostly fake. going on my pistol posted a few days ago.

FWIW, Fakespot gives it two stars with a "D" review grade.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 112528.jpg

Bushnell TRS25 is the best bang for the buck plinker optic that I’ve bought. I’ve got a couple that rotate from gun to gun and person to person without any issues.

edit: sorry I missed the holographic part.

Last edited:
all mine have cheap sights, because I am cheap.
they all work for my needs.
what do you have to loose?
don't like ut return .....it amazon

Bushnell TRS25 is a decent optic. I have a Primary Arms Cyclops that gets swapped around between a handful of guns. The etched reticle is nice just in case the battery dies. I swap it out every year. It’s been left on the number 2 brightness setting for going on 4 years now.

E500BDFA-B703-4764-993C-DAB189AFA615.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you find a knockoff made somewhere other than China? Maybe Indonesia, Vietnam or the Philippines? I'm doing my best to not buy shit made in China and encouraging others to do so too. :usa::homer:

Holosun makes some pretty good stuff, they are over your $150 budget though. Have you tried one of the 1x prismatic scopes. They may work better than a red dot with your vision, then again they may not. Worth checking out though.

[486 said:
;n328634]buy a chinese aimpoint, not a chinese eotech

Fuck that garbage :flipoff2:

My very slight astigmatism causes sunburst with all red-dots. However, the holographics work just fine with no distortion.

Reality is, the eotech holds it's value (they're usually $300+ used for something that can be had $450 if you watch for sales) because they flat work. If you happen to take your rifle from -20* to 120* you may see a zero shift, but the reality is zero it at a medium temp for your environment and it'll be plenty close enough for a battle rifle if needed.

The 65moa circle is like magic to my brain. Used several LPVO and red-dots. Eotech is always what I post my best times with on the 3 gun course. Just flat out works, and works fast.

I really wanted to see if I could see one of these and knowing Amazons return policy, i went cheap and damn, I can actually see this. Not like a tube type red dot. I could not see with the Sig Romeo for shit. Now I know I will buy a good one when Sleepy Joe pays up next.

FEY.jpg

I really wanted to see if I could see one of these and knowing Amazons return policy, i went cheap and damn, I can actually see this. Not like a tube type red dot. I could not see with the Sig Romeo for shit. Now I know I will buy a good one when Sleepy Joe pays up next.

I’ve got an old barska branded sight identical to that I’ve had for about 15 years. I kept the reticle setting on one setting because zero isn’t the same from reticle to reticle. It’s not total junk, but for $25 it works fine on a 22 and I wouldn’t cry if the grandkids broke it.

Top Back Refresh