What's new

Chicken Wing Thread

Motorcharge

Unregistered User
Member Number
Loc
Virginia
Leave your sauce and rub recipes in here because the same old buffalo sauce gets old.

Amounts are approx, I don't measure when I cook most of the time.

1 tsp sugar
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp olive oil
A few dashes of lemon or lime juice.
Just a touch of thousand island dressing to turn it into a sauce. Though I think I'd sub this and the sugar for honey if I had any.

Mix everything, toss wings when they're close to done or brush on.
Brushed these on in the air fryer after the wings were mostly cooked. Put a little lemon or lime on them after they're done.
The sauce is what's left over after about 20 wings. Could probably cover another 10.

Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20201217_020504839.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.3 KB ID:	236500 Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20201217_020513779.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	236501

Last edited:
I have a pit barrel cooker and this is the best recipe for wings so far.

Bunch of wings drums and flats no brine no bullshit.
Some traeger chicken rub sprinkled on to your liking.
Put in pit barrel with 1/2 the normal load of charcoal.
Put a few splits of fruit wood on there (apple or cherry).
Cook for 30 minutes and flip.
Cook for 30-45 minutes.
Brush some Tobago Keys Peruvian Gold grilling sauce on there and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.

Profit.

I have shit loads of other wing recipes, but the aforementioned is the one my family likes the best. I did full on drums with this at the WE-Rock in Goldendale and we had LOTS left over. They got descended on by our camp neighbors like ravenous wolves.

I'm all about my wings swimming in hot sauce, but every now and then I have to bake some up in this sticky soy/garlic marinade, so good.

6 T Soy Sauce
4 T Oil
3 T Lemon Juice
1 Garlic clove – minced

Chicken wings in glass 9x13 pan

Combine sauce with wings, let sit overnight.

Bake 350 for 1.5 hours in glass pan, turn wings half way. Do not cover.

This isn't just a wing sauce, it works well with a lot of things like steak, pork, fries even a salad.

This is really a "to taste" kinda thing so I'll give you my way and you can play with amounts to get it where you want it.

Lawless Yeller Sauce.

1 cup mayo, no not that low fat shit it's gotta be the real deal.

1/3 cup mustard (I use Frenche's yellow) but have used flavored with good results too.

1/4 cup worstich, um, worstich, wooste, fuck it yanno that W sauce that no one can pronounce.

Wisk until well blended and then add more of above to your taste.

That's the basic sauce, I've been playing with it some and have had good results adding a little hot sauce, pickle juice, minced garlic etc.

***Refrigerate any leftover sauce, trust me it will go bad if left out overnight.***

Brush some Tobago Keys Peruvian Gold grilling sauce on there and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.

s.

I'm a sucker and I bought this stuff, and Oh my its awesome!
Thanks for the tip, I will always have this sauce on me now.

Lazy man, Air Fryer and frozen wings

Cook for ten minutes and then drop on some Secret Aardvark, then smear on some Stubbs of choice. I like the sticky sweet to offset the heat of the hot sauce.

2567540F-5F63-48FD-AEDE-6F6F6CF2FF58.jpeg

AE0EE10E-87BE-43F3-8A09-B41A34F53938.jpeg

I was bored today and used Snoop Dogg's fired chicken recipe on some wings.

I didn't brine for 24 hours, just 8 and I didn't have buttermilk, so I used egg.

Pretty damn good.

In search of something new I stumbled across this technique a while ago and everyone seems to enjoy them, are very juicy with a nice tang.
Pickleback Wings
Put wings in seal able container, stab holes in wings
Cover in pickle juice, put in fridge all day agitating a few times
Cook in favorite manner, I have coated in panko bread crumbs and convection baked in oven with good results, preferred way is deep fried.
Today I coated in 1\2 potato starch and 1\2 flour with salt and pepper, then sat in fridge for an hour, dredged again in same mix then into 360f oil for 7 minutes.
IMG_20210105_191706.jpg

In search of something new I stumbled across this technique a while ago and everyone seems to enjoy them, are very juicy with a nice tang.
Pickleback Wings
Put wings in seal able container, stab holes in wings
Cover in pickle juice, put in fridge all day agitating a few times
Cook in favorite manner, I have coated in panko bread crumbs and convection baked in oven with good results, preferred way is deep fried.
Today I coated in 1\2 potato starch and 1\2 flour with salt and pepper, then sat in fridge for an hour, dredged again in same mix then into 360f oil for 7 minutes.

That is very nice.

I did some Smoked then fried wings this weekend that were real good and simple to make.

1. Dust wings with some Slap your mama
2. put in smoker at 225 for 1 hr and 50min
3. put into deep fryer at 350deg for around 2- 3 min just until skin is crispy
4. dust again with slap your mama
5. I had them without additional sauce, but at this point toss with any sauce you like.

The added flavor of the smoke while still having a crispy skin was spot on.

I did some Smoked then fried wings this weekend that were real good and simple to make.

1. Dust wings with some Slap your mama
2. put in smoker at 225 for 1 hr and 50min
3. put into deep fryer at 350deg for around 2- 3 min just until skin is crispy
4. dust again with slap your mama
5. I had them without additional sauce, but at this point toss with any sauce you like.

The added flavor of the smoke while still having a crispy skin was spot on.
To add to this I did a experiment where I smoked some wings and then put half in the refrigerator and half in the freezer, both in Vacuum seal bags. A couple days later I thawed the frozen ones out and fried them all to heat and crisp up the skin. They were just as good as the ones pulled right out of the smoker and put in the fryer. There did not seam to be any ill effect from the ones being frozen either as they were the same as the ones from the refrigerator. I did this because if I fire up the smoker, I thought it would be nice to do a bunch, then be able to pull out just what I need for one meal.

wing.jpg

Just wings and Carolina Treat. Hard to beat it with all my other recipes. Usually smoked, but great any way on charcoal.

20200928_180116.jpg
20201004_195010.jpg

My recipe is just cook then dump Texas Pete buffalo sauce on them :laughing: Used to have a deep fryer but it died, now I just toss them in the air fryer and they come out nice and crispy.

Maybe I should expand that a little further one of these days. I have a smoker but the last few times I've had smoked wings I didn't think they were that great so have never tried doing them myself.

Top Back Refresh