Cheese on a sloppy joe?

• Yay

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Bacon on that martha focker

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
One million cheese and bacon on everything. Cabot extra sharp cheddar.

I worked with a guy that brought a can of manwich to work for his lunch.
He opened the can, poured out the contents and shouted “where is the meat!”.
Massive amounts of laughter and jokes followed.
That guy was a special kind of stupid.

When my kids were younger and my wife had a job that she worked late 2 nights a week, manwich was one of my go to's. The kids loved it, and it was easy. Nothing better than a quick meal and not fighting with the kids to eat dinner.

Always just put a little mustard on it. No cheese.

Sloppy Joes 🤢 🤮

If I gotta eat that crap I’m covering it with any cheese I can get my hands on.

If it was me I’d let them march to the town square and get their own dinner.

And then eat all of it.

No cheese on these. Weren't extra sloppy either.

However, yes to cheese on mine most of the time and probably hot sauce. Have had sloppy joe that was perfectly fine on it's own, depends on who makes it and how. Never tried mayo and mustard, next time.

I made sloppy joes tonight and I put cheese on them.

My family is ready to march me to the town square and put me in the stocks.

I thought they were delicious.
Did they taste good ? If so, go with it. IMO it's about the taste and screw the "traditionalist" nonsense.

Cheese (preferably sharp cheddar) and a big 'ol slice of tomato!

I haven't had them in a long time, I find them a pain in the ass to eat without spilling the guts everywhere. Anyone ever make them with hotdog buns or sandwich rolls or something that will contain the filling better?

I grew up in the midwest so we put cheese on evreything, so yes. Slice of american, because if you are eating sloppy joes, you have to go all in on the white trashness.

I thought you said you put cheese on stuff. Not sure what American cheese is but it ain't cheese.

As far as sloppy joes: Fritos, cheese, and leeks are nice additions.

First....Manwich is ok at best. No cheese on that.
My wife introduced sloppy joes to me lol and she doesnt cook shit. Its the best damn thing called a sloppy joe I have had. Brown a lb of burger, diced onion and a can of chicken gumbo soup. Best shit ever on a bun. We do cheese for sure and prefer them with mustard and pickles.

This sounds terrible, but I'm going to try it.

I'm the only one at my house that puts cheese on them. Stacked up like this: bottom bun, slice of cheese, sloppy joe meat mix, yellow mustard, top bun.

Great, now I am hungry :laughing:

Top Back Refresh