• Bacon on that martha focker

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

KarlVP

Not Sure
Member Number
Loc
Crusty's Brewing, Wa
I made sloppy joes tonight and I put cheese on them.

My family is ready to march me to the town square and put me in the stocks.

I thought they were delicious.

Nope to the nope, proper sloppy joe has no cheese, they are not made with Manwhich either. Damnit now I wanna make some.

First....Manwich is ok at best. No cheese on that.
My wife introduced sloppy joes to me lol and she doesnt cook shit. Its the best damn thing called a sloppy joe I have had. Brown a lb of burger, diced onion and a can of chicken gumbo soup. Best shit ever on a bun. We do cheese for sure and prefer them with mustard and pickles.

Poll is misleading.

Shredded cheese, yes.

Sliced cheese, no.

A little sprinkle of some finely graded sharp cheddar is the only way to fly.

Not high on my list of regular dinners, but occasionally with whatever shredded cheese is handy, usually hot sauce. Someone start a thread in the cooking forum with recipes for sauce that didnt come from a can

I've never in my life put cheese on them. I feel like good sloppy joes shouldn't need cheese. However, my wife loves cheese and looks for any excuse to put cheese on anything she can so I am sure she would think it's a great idea.

I grew up in the midwest so we put cheese on evreything, so yes. Slice of american, because if you are eating sloppy joes, you have to go all in on the white trashness.

So a safe assumption would be the anti Untidy Joesph cheese crowd also doesn’t put cheese on their chili?

Absolutely yes.

also note: sloppy Joe on a baked potato topped with shredded cheese is magically good. Bonus points if you add a scoop of sour cream

When my wife made sloppy joes, I put cheese on it to cover up the taste of the sloppy joes. I used a nice sharp cheddar. The sloppy joes ruined the taste of the cheddar.

Top Back Refresh