What's new

Check out this old gas powered paddle boat

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
60’s vintage judging by the tecumsh engine. It’s missing the steering wheel. It’s in one of my customers garages. He’s going to restore it. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

photo4016.jpg

photo4017.jpg

photo4018.jpg

That looks like someone put some thought into it building

Watched a youtube video of a guy puting a outboard motor on a paddle boat.

That's pretty cool. I wouldn't think it would be difficult to replicate. You could do a modern version with brushless electric motors and batteries and perhaps even do a dual mode with pedal optional like the old school mopeds. Would be a fun project. Once I get moved and get my shop back together, I might give that a shot. Filing it away in the memory bank. Unfortunately that is getting less and less reliable.

A "Gas powered "Paddle" boat :confused: One isn't like the other :laughing:

I've used paddle boats with trolling motors on them for years bass fishing ponds. Works great. And if your battery dies, you can also get back to the truck :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I've used paddle boats with trolling motors on them for years bass fishing ponds. Works great. And if your battery dies, you can also get back to the truck :flipoff2:​​​​​​

It's literally a gas-powered paddle boat. Did you not look at the pictures or even see one?

People haven't seen these before? They were out there next to lakeside cottages next to the old broken down handle-bar lawnmower and the trash barrel back in the day.

paddle =/= pedal

Last edited:

this is a paddle boat bud.

AmericanQueen_web.jpg

I've always wanted to build a side wheeler paddle boat by mounting a rear diff in an aluminum jon boat hull with the ends sticking out and welding some paddles onto some old rims and using cutting brakes to steer. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh