What's new

Cheap Deer Rifle

Etyler2

Your kind of Asshole
Member Number
Loc
Grass Valley CA
Have a chance to buy a Savage in .308 for cheap, 25 rounds through it.

I don’t want to be on Meat Eater I just want to harvest a deer a year for meat.

They’re only $450 new even now.

POS? Will it drop a deer within 300 yds. with the scope it came with?

Savage normally turns out accurate shit. Might not be fancy, but it works...the scope, who knows.

A 3-9 burris from cameralandny is pretty cheap.

Want more accuracy. A dremel and some cold weld. Plus a lil fiddling with the trigger will make cool shit happen

Last edited:
85A7B14A-1F20-4416-A831-9294EEE88D22.png
774CDFA5-1A79-473C-9C8B-73B633AED490.jpeg
Thanks fellas that’s what I needed.

Never been a hunter, but me and the boys are wanting to get into it. I grew up surfing and fishing, haven’t killed any deer except one with a work issued Fiesta, and my Lezburu.

In the same year.

Get a 100yd zero on it, and big bonus if you can get MV, then see how much drop you get at 200. Shooting to 300 should be easy.

Good luck

More than plenty for 300 yard shots. The real question is has the barrel been properly broken in and cleaned?:flipoff2:
Yeah? But if he puts a red dot on it, he is good out to 770yds right? Jackass.

Yeah? But if he puts a red dot on it, he is good out to 770yds right? Jackass.
I’d show you the video of him doing just that but you are too fucking stupid to waste my time on. Piss of clown.

Savage normally turns out accurate shit. Might not be fancy, but it works...the scope, who knows.

A 3-9 burris from cameralandny is pretty cheap.

Want more accuracy. A dremel and some cold weld. Plus a lil fiddling with the trigger will make cool shit happen
Given the sale price of that rifle, we pretty much DO know what kind of POS that Chicom scope will be. My experiences with cheap optics says it will be good for about 1/2 a season then it will REFUSE to hold zero no matter how many times the adjustment knobs are twisted. You will end up chasing your own tail. Good optics are not cheap for a reason... Count on buying another optic...:flipoff2:

I wouldnt count on a scope in a $400 rifle combo to be worth much either. A guy can round up a burris, or a used vxII or swfa for around $200-$250.

I wouldnt overlook the Ruger american's either. I grabbed one a while back to tinker with. For a plastic hunka junk, That thing shoots

I’d show you the video of him doing just that but you are too fucking stupid to waste my time on. Piss of clown.
I can see a steel IPSC at just over 1000yds with the naked eye. You'd be holding over a shit-ton, but it can be done. I our local 3-gun comps we'll have targets out to near 500 and I've seen guys get hits with a 1x.

Of course it is a waste of time because you are a liar. I would like to see your video set-up to capture that. With a 1x red dot, the target would be so far out FOV, it would have to be a complete accident unless we are talking barn sized targets. Can it be done. of course. Could you consistently call out and hit a normal sized target with a 1x red dot at 770yds, nope. And let us say a normal size target is a pie plate because anything else is just slinging bullets. But hey, you got the guy above who can see targets at 1,000yds with his eagle eye so if he aimed his Red Ryder 154.9 feet above the target, managed to hold vertical plane with no wind blowing and managed to not intercept a gnats ass on the way to the target, he could theoretically make impact.

I mean if you want to talk about miracles, I know a guy...that attempted a Texas Heart Shot on a buck running away from him, hit the deer in it's nuts which completely obliterated it's ball sack ( actual ball sack, not like you) and killed the deer. In no way does that mean we should all be aiming at ball sacks (once again, not you)? Does that mean every buck is going to die if shot in the ball sack? I am sure your simple mind would surmise in the affirmative but in the normal world, the answer is no.

Is your shooting buddy one of the Dude Perfect guys by chance?

Of course it is a waste of time because you are a liar. I would like to see your video set-up to capture that. With a 1x red dot, the target would be so far out FOV, it would have to be a complete accident unless we are talking barn sized targets. Can it be done. of course. Could you consistently call out and hit a normal sized target with a 1x red dot at 770yds, nope. And let us say a normal size target is a pie plate because anything else is just slinging bullets. But hey, you got the guy above who can see targets at 1,000yds with his eagle eye so if he aimed his Red Ryder 154.9 feet above the target, managed to hold vertical plane with no wind blowing and managed to not intercept a gnats ass on the way to the target, he could theoretically make impact.

I mean if you want to talk about miracles, I know a guy...that attempted a Texas Heart Shot on a buck running away from him, hit the deer in it's nuts which completely obliterated it's ball sack ( actual ball sack, not like you) and killed the deer. In no way does that mean we should all be aiming at ball sacks (once again, not you)? Does that mean every buck is going to die if shot in the ball sack? I am sure your simple mind would surmise in the affirmative but in the normal world, the answer is no.

Is your shooting buddy one of the Dude Perfect guys by chance?
Maybe this place is not for you. People are sharing their first hand experiences and all you can do is cry that others are not cleaning their rifles to your liking, or blab some dumbass story about a deer getting shot in the nuts. You keep saying "I know a guy", trust me, nobody cares.

I will not be replying to your posts going forward, as you add nothing to the conversation.

Maybe this place is not for you. People are sharing their first hand experiences and all you can do is cry that others are not cleaning their rifles to your liking, Did I cry? Said it was stupid and people shouldn't be taking that as gospel.

or blab some dumbass story about a deer getting shot in the nuts. How would you like me to respond to your dumbassed claims ??? I did try logic first.

You keep saying "I know a guy", trust me, nobody cares. Courtesy of your boy, 300Sniper. He can say it, but I can't. Gotcha.

I will not be replying to your posts going forward, as you add nothing to the conversation. Make me a believer Homie.
I think this place is not for you and your fan club actually. You get pissed when people get called out for outrageous claims or if somebody out of your fan boi club offers an alternative perspective. Your 300 Sniper guy is the one who "Knows a guy..." If he uses it, he is not to be questioned, if I use it, I am an asshole and nobody cares. Your fan boi club are the ones who started with the berating and belittling not me. Go back and read it. But if I throw your shit back in your face in kind, I am an asshole. LOL I really like the way you snowflakes operate.

I doubt your self manufactured hubris will keep you from replying but that attitude would have prevented you and your club from getting into this in the first place. Nobody asked what "roc doc and the Texas Shit Talkers thoughts were on Dickweeds barrel break in comment". Were you 3 PM'ed and asked to pontificate and ridicule me on the subject? And then, then, you have to ponder, "Will not responding to Dickweeds posts, with my juvenile name calling and just keeping my mouth shut, actually hurt his feelings?" That my friend is the larger question....

Aisin, you just pop into threads with stupid fucking comments that are so far out in left field that it is an exercise in patience to not respond. Maybe you should work on making assinine statements?

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy is literally a fucking retard. First person to make my ignore list. If my non shooting ass can hit a silhouette at 440 yards with a red dot a real shooter would have no problem. Fuck, he’s even so stupid he can’t figure out that there are videos of guys shooting an 1874 Sharps out to 782 yards with iron sights while standing. :homer::homer:

Have a chance to buy a Savage in .308 for cheap, 25 rounds through it.

I don’t want to be on Meat Eater I just want to harvest a deer a year for meat.

They’re only $450 new even now.

POS? Will it drop a deer within 300 yds. with the scope it came with?
I'd say buy it. How bad could it be.
You'll know soon enough.:flipoff2:

I didn't watch that whole video but towards the end I saw them post "shot 83". So apparently they subscribe to my school of accuracy. Throw enough lead down range and you're bound to hit something. :homer:

I'd bet most anyone could hit that giant pink buffalo with 80 shots at it. :laughing:

I didn't watch that whole video but towards the end I saw them post "shot 83". So apparently they subscribe to my school of accuracy. Throw enough lead down range and you're bound to hit something. :homer:

I'd bet most anyone could hit that giant pink buffalo with 80 shots at it. :laughing:
That's why I always say one group doesn't mean shit, unless it's a 20+ round group. We were bullshitting between stages and this one guy was complaining that he thought he either had bad ammo or a rifle issue, and Rob Leatham pointed out that when they were doing team training, shooting 100 round groups from race guns, you'd have a nice group and always one or two flyers, and Bryan Litz in his books has diagrams showing dispersion with 1%, 5%, 10% variation in MV and guess what, the groups open up. There's some amazing shooters out there these days, with LR records falling all the time, but NOBODY is getting all their shots in the x-ring every time. AFIK, there's been exactly one perfect score (400-20x) at Camp Perry, that was in 2018 and he's been close a number of other times so he's obviously a phenomenal shooter, but I don't think that perfect score has ever been duplicated.

You know who was shamed many a time on pbb OSR?

Pokeman.

You know who didnt resign up on ibb as Pokeman?

I don't know, either, thought y'all might know.

I can see a steel IPSC at just over 1000yds with the naked eye. You'd be holding over a shit-ton, but it can be done. I our local 3-gun comps we'll have targets out to near 500 and I've seen guys get hits with a 1x.
Someone show him the dude free handing the Barrett 50 in West Texas making a first round hit at 1000 yards

I think your thinking of spork12345
Nope. I know who that guy is/was. None of this is Sporks style.

I'm talking pokeman, who asked what he should wear outside so his legs wouldn't get scratched up in the woods.

Top Back Refresh