What's new

Cheap ass joncutter saws?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Anyone try one of these?

A little Google-Ling shows some good reviews for the brand. Fucking $100, it might be worth it to buy 1 for each rig. :laughing:

don't buy that brand, they don't include the "baffle"
buy the $70 ebay one, it includes the "baffle"
ETA: that's what the aliexpress advert was calling the bar lol

coulda swore I had a thread on here on that exact guy
musta been the old board
anyways, get one they're pretty great for the money
they got good power, I drilled out the muffler a little on mine
I don't give it 25:1 fuel like it asks for, I give it a blob of bar oil before filling the tank with normal 40:1

Last edited:
I'm a little anti ebay right now, I'd much rather spend a little more somewhere else.

But either way, they seem to actually work decent?

Reactions: Clb
I'm a little anti ebay right now, I'd much rather spend a little more somewhere else.

But either way, they seem to actually work decent?
My walmart "black bear" or whatever has done just fine. Sub $100 on sale with bar and chain.

Is it a tiny top handle like what I posted?
No

That domain was just registered a month ago. Almost certainly a scam site.
These are just branded import junk. The sites that sell this crap pop up and down all the time. It's hard to read into it very much.

Generally speaking I err toward eBay for these kinds of purchases.

Last edited:
No

These are just branded import junk. The sites that sell this crap pop up and down all the time. It's hard to read into it very much.

Generally speaking I err toward eBay for these kinds of purchases.
No, but the ones that are a few weeks old and selling shit 40% cheaper than alibaba are almost always fake.

No, but the ones that are a few weeks old and selling shit 40% cheaper than alibaba are almost always fake.
Yeah, def fake then.

$59.99 seemed like a reasonable price to me considering my slightly larger saw with bar and chain was $100 when bought from a store.

Farmertec has been around for a while. Most of their saws are chicom copy of a husky/jonesred model. The people who buy cheap saws like them. Probably as good as or slightly better than (due to the parent design) than poulan.

I look at this stuff and wonder how:
the manufacturer made money
the persons/people assembling them made money
the shipper made money
the reseller made money
and the eBay made a little money

....how? just how
on 100.00

(cool little saw though)

I look at this stuff and wonder how:
the manufacturer made money
the persons/people assembling them made money
the shipper made money
the reseller made money
and the eBay made a little money

....how? just how
on 100.00

(cool little saw though)
Easy. The original manufacture did all the heavy lifting for the design, and all these clowns have to do is figure out how to make it cheaper.

I’d lean towards getting an 18v saw for keep in the rig. IMO a chainsaw is sort of like a winch in that if you actually need one when you’re stuck somewhere, a super budget one that may or may not be reliable isn’t a great choice.

I can see the $100 gas saws being a good fit for stuff like landscape companies (not arborists) where your guys are going tk treat them like shit, leave them out in the rain and mud, and not work them that hard. Buy them 6 at a time and throw them away when they quit running or the bars wear out.

I’d lean towards getting an 18v saw for keep in the rig. IMO a chainsaw is sort of like a winch in that if you actually need one when you’re stuck somewhere, a super budget one that may or may not be reliable isn’t a great choice.

Strangely, that how I came across them. I'm all Milwaukee cordless, but don't like the configuration of their chainsaw at all. Waiting for them to come out with a top handle like dewalt and makita. You're also looking at 3-4x's the cost vs that $100 one.

Seems like these seem to be pretty reliable. On the other hand, my stupid stihl top handle is always a bitch to start, especially when up in the mountains. Pisses me off because I bought it new, and it was like that out of the box. My last small sthil was 2nd or 3rd pull every time, same with my big one.

I can see the $100 gas saws being a good fit for stuff like landscape companies (not arborists) where your guys are going tk treat them like shit, leave them out in the rain and mud, and not work them that hard. Buy them 6 at a time and throw them away when they quit running or the bars wear out.

If I had guys treating my chainsaws that bad, I'd give them a hand saw.

I do know some guys who buy the little echo version. It's comically small, but is good for ~6" stuff and limbs when you need light.

Love my 40v Ryobi saw
It fits the small home owner size perfectly for me.
Any time I don't have to get out the 045AV is good for me.

smWwYwYtuUlHoWH4OdvNcaCLw=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

sZL3Hy3qmKTljY7MPYhwkVI9Q=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

hbFOoIlZ8QwNirpmla_rG9yfXw=w678-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

I do know some guys who buy the little echo version. It's comically small, but is good for ~6" stuff and limbs when you need light.
that CSwhatever-T guy?
I really wanted one, just couldn't justify it after buying one of these as a joke
in fact I bought a second one of these shitty saws to sit on the shelf, where its sat still in the box for a couple years now

On the other hand, my stupid stihl top handle is always a bitch to start, especially when up in the mountains.
it got the "primer" bulb on it? IIRC they didn't have those on the stihls
actually it isn't a primer, it just pumps the fuel through the circuit same as the pulse line would, but you know...
Takes a lot of pulls to draw fuel through where the little rubber nipple does it real easy.

that CSwhatever-T guy?
I really wanted one, just couldn't justify it after buying one of these as a joke
in fact I bought a second one of these shitty saws to sit on the shelf, where its sat still in the box for a couple years now

No, he's not on here. Works good, but $350.....

actually it isn't a primer, it just pumps the fuel through the circuit same as the pulse line would, but you know...
Takes a lot of pulls to draw fuel through where the little rubber nipple does it real easy.

It does have the bulb, pump it 12x's, still takes 10-30 pulls to start.

here you go :flipoff2:

Have one of those and the badass pruning blade, it works pretty good too.

No, he's not on here. Works good, but $350.....
It does have the bulb, pump it 12x's, still takes 10-30 pulls to start.
not person, saw
echo cs2511t or some such, the really neat baaaaby toy saw

on your shit, you're choking it until it pops, then turn the choke off and pull it again, right? That got an adjustable carb on it? I know you're actually a californian, so I gotta ask :flipoff2:

That goddamn fucking primer not-primer bulb that is on my ice auger.

My auger starts first pull in the summer, just like it would in fucking california. At -30 on the lake it's 50 pulls.

It's still on my "to-do" list to put my own primer on. If I drill a hole in the spacer between the carb and the block do I have to worry about the engine sucking extra fuel through the primer?

not person, saw
echo cs2511t or some such, the really neat baaaaby toy saw

No idea, but yes, very small. Like fit in a tackle box small.

on your shit, you're choking it until it pops, then turn the choke off and pull it again, right? That got an adjustable carb on it? I know you're actually a californian, so I gotta ask :flipoff2:

This Californian learned to run a saw when he was 7 :flipoff2: so yes, I know how to start one.

Not great on carb tuning though :laughing: I did richen the screws up, which helped.

what blade you using? i keep thinking about getting one but havent yet

These

Milwaukee 5 TPI Pruning SAWZALL® Blade (5 PK)

Pretty sure the Diablo ones are the same also. They both say made in sweeden or something wierd.

Well, in typical fashion I just hunted out the cheapest one I could find an ordered it. $93 shipped, guaranteed delivery by 11/13.

I'm going to need to do some climbing to take care of some limb problem on my property and I've been eyeballing arborist saws but couldn't justify the $400+ price tag for a real orange one. I have two "Bluemax" saws that I bought from HD a few years ago for around $120 apiece and they're more reliable than my Stihl Farboss at the moment so maybe I'll be as lucky with this one.

Good thing I've found of the Bluemax is they're essentially the same as all the other Chinese saws and parts are cheap and plentiful on ebay. I bought a new clutch for like $8 the other day. :laughing:

Delivered in 3 days....not bad.

The box is tiny
7rNyl5m1oATqiJy9ElV1pevie=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

And a third of it is fuel bottles :laughing:
hjFyO25Nxpsq7j6rC5iNr7Sap4=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Only assembly is the chain/bar and the little tooth thingy on the front.
HGsqNKhDtXo7GHF3oDmAFFwZ8=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Standard Chinese tool kit included
VZKfqX6pSFcu-klwF_9kyXcu0=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

5 minutes to assemble, lube up and dropped in some ethanol-free mixed. Primed it and it started on the 2nd pull. So far so good.
DjsE-r9wCe_ZczdMEYFalfszY=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Shitty, out of frame video. Got a little hung up on the 2nd cut, but I blame that on the one-handed cutting while filming more than the saw. :flipoff2:

Overall seems like a cool little saw for under $100. Not expecting much out of it or for it to last very long, but if it makes it through a couple season it's still a deal.

Couple negatives so far:

Everything screws in to plastic. Expecting some holes to strip out quickly.

The clutch cover that has to come off to change the chain has one typical 9/16"-ish nut but also a little allen head screw. All my other saws juts have nuts to get them off and you can use the combo sparkplug/screwdriver/socket that comes with them all. This one needs a separate allen, which also came with it but will surely get lost quickly.

Top Back Refresh