What's new

Charlotte Phase II

Evergreen12

Member Number
Loc
Morristown, AZ
Well now that the cruisers done (they’re never really done) I’m moving on to all the little stuff I wanted to do that wasn’t essential to getting her drivable for UA.

My bikini top is already giving up the ghost after 2500 miles so first on the list is skinning the roof in 16ga Aluminum. Still need to do a little trimming, bead roll it and hit it with the DA. I annealed the Aluminum first and rolled it around a gas cylinder.

photo6024.jpg

photo6025.jpg

photo6026.jpg

Been daily driving the cruiser lately, she needs some tunes. My son gave me some leftover JL speakers so I fabbed up some kick panel mounts. The challenge was retaining the use of the cowl vents. The aluminum panels angle back down to meet the body below the vent. The speakers barely clear as do the vent but it all just barely fits nicely. Yet another opportunity to play with the bead roller. And a pic of Max enjoying our ride to work yesterday just for fun.

photo11313.jpg

photo11314.jpg

Continuing on the stereo project. This was my first stab at drawing a bigger part and cutting it for myself on the plasma table. It’s a mounting tray for the amplifier and black box under the drivers seat. I was even able to incorporate a spot for my flashlight. More to do but here’s the progress so far.

photo13407.jpg

photo13408.jpg

photo13409.jpg

photo13410.jpg

Top Back Refresh