What's new

Chapter 3 - Pretty Much There

SamuraiTy

Member Number
Loc
Carson City, NV
So I left off at chapter 2 - Getting Heavy. I should start off this thread by letting y'all know just how heavy turning my Samurai into a truck turned out. Went to the dump and came to be ~2750 pounds (about the same weight as a 4 door sidekick/tracker). Here's a picture of how it sits now.

Current specs are 1.3 running Toyota 3k from Certified Machine (highly recommend their carb!), stock trans, 4.9:1 transfer case in Trail Tough MKii cradle, SPOA, RUF, front axle moved 2" forward (by running RUF in the stock mounting hole), Front driveshaft lengthened 2", front is trussed, armored, open diff with 5.13s, Sidekick/tracker power steering, out back is a Toyota 4Runner driveshaft with pentadapters at both ends, rear axle is Tracker/Sidekick hybrid with 5.13s welded, XJ leafs, 15x10, 3.5" BS wheels with 33x12.5 Nankang Mudstars (right before they discontinued these; the diameter on these runs small, these measure to exactly 31" diameter). Total wheelbase is currently 108" (about to be 109" after I move my front axle forward one more inch). The bed's inside dimensions are 6 feet long by 50 inches wide. After I get the axle moved forward I'll be moving on to getting the shocks on it. After that I'll be throwing this 1.6 16v I just picked up into it and 6.5:1 tcase (thanks Tigger!), then I'm going to start hunting around for 4.30 gears in the junkyards to make this thing able to go freeway speeds again. The current 4.9 tcase and 5.13 diffs nets a 92:1 CR and a 31:1 high range CR (wich is what the stock CR was). Running the 6.5 with 4.30 will net a 102:1 CR while being able to actually go over the current 50-55 MPH I top out at currently. Thanks for checking it out. It's been too long since I posted on here last.
03272022 1.jpg

Pretty decent so far. It definitely fills tippier with more weight being higher. Feels less ass-puckery going up and down steep inclines and declines.

Top Back Refresh