What's new

Chain Locker

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Anyone use one of these for chainsaw chains? Feedback? Comments?

I just save the hard clear plastic container they come in.

Mine just kick around the chainsaw case. I figure the amount of sawdust, oil and dirt in there is basically their normal operating environment so I'm sure it's fine. :laughing:

I keep the unused packaged from chainsaw store in a 50 caliber ammo can.

Used chains get put into a small USPS box.

If you fold them up halfway reasonable it's not a big deal to unwrap them after. Use a box, Tupperware, floorboard of the truck, hang them in a nail, milk crate, etc, etc.

Most people don't keep more than a few loops going. I know some outfits that don't even bother to sharpen, it's more cost effective to put a new one in and toss the old.

Last edited:
up to 32", I think...
but y'all Alaskan's probably call that a short loop... :flipoff2:

I edited while you were typing probably. The link i saw said 20" and i saw after there's another model for longer.

I generally run 24" on my saws. It's plenty for most logs I run into and less bending and reaching.
Usually a decent balance for the saw too.

I looked at them and want one but I just store mine in a tool bag i got from amazon that lives in my case

Resized_20230319_140625.jpeg

mine hang on a nail on the wall, typically in dull form from a hidden object of some sort. the sharp ones are still in the box they came in. when i'm out of new ones, the dull ones will probably get dropped off to get sharpened. I'm out of free time to dick around with them nowadays

71416040852614p.jpg

Open tin, throw chain, spray with wd40, close tin. ezpz

Visiting my folks a few years ago and see a tin out on the table in the living room.

All excited for a cookie, hadn't had them in years! Pop it open and it's my Mom's sewing junk.
Probably was THE tin from the last time I ate those in the 90s.

Visiting my folks a few years ago and see a tin out on the table in the living room.

All excited for a cookie, hadn't had them in years! Pop it open and it's my Mom's sewing junk.
Probably was THE tin from the last time I ate those in the 90s.
I'm not convinced that those tins ever actually had cookies in them.

I'm not convinced that those tins ever actually had cookies in them.
I put a label on one that reads 'Buttons' because that's what's in it. No more surprise sadness when you open it to find sewing supplies.

We have a few cookie tins around the house, they make good storage containers.

I am one of those fancy guys that has two nails in the shed to hang chains on. One for sharp and the other for used.

I am one of those fancy guys that has two nails in the shed to hang chains on. One for sharp and the other for used.
I’m the same. I have several pegs for my different saws, both sharp and dull.

Top Back Refresh