What's new

CFI install on mostly stock 350

4Eyedturd

Member Number
Loc
Waco, TX
Helping a buddy with his 72 C10, his 350 needs a carb and he’s mentioned going fuel injected. Is a TBI setup worth dicking with? I thought there was a lot of CFI tech on the old forum. He’s talked about an aftermarket efi setup but I figure for a vortec headed 350 with a performer intake he might save some cash and use stock parts.

Edit TBI not CFI

Last edited:
TBI on Vortcc head will work well as long as the camshaft is not too aggressive.

Normally, I'm overly pro stock EFI. But piecing together a system is one of the worst ideas especially if you are dropping parts/systems out. I've seen more issues with piecemeal assembly than just grabbing a complete running engine and swapping everything.

How cheap do you think you are going to get the stock parts for?

I'm also overly cheap but a simple Holley Sniper with no aggravation is hard to argue even if it costs $800 more.

I did a stock TBI 4.3L swap into my old 85 toyota. Worked great. I had a vortec crate engine and wanted to do a Tune Port swap onto that but sold truck before ever gathering parts to do it.

Normally, I'm overly pro stock EFI. But piecing together a system is one of the worst ideas especially if you are dropping parts/systems out. I've seen more issues with piecemeal assembly than just grabbing a complete running engine and swapping everything.

How cheap do you think you are going to get the stock parts for?

I'm also overly cheap but a simple Holley Sniper with no aggravation is hard to argue even if it costs $800 more.
Good advice...especially if you have an extra $800. :flipoff2:

Saw this, no relation, don't even know if it's a good deal.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.19.34 PM.png

Tuned to delete a sensor that doesn't do shit unless there's a problem in which case you need it badly. Dude is really leaning into the Chevy owner stereotypes. :lmao:

Well a complete FiTech setup popped up for sale so he is gonna jump on that instead

Top Back Refresh