What's new

Ceramic coatings

Has the price of having this done dropped a lot recently? Several months ago I was hearing of prices up to two grand and even higher. In researching it this week I'm seeing people claim it's in the $3-400 dollar range. Some claim not to get it wet for 24 hours while others say once it's finished it's ok to get wet, just don't take it through a car was for a couple of weeks. I'm considering having it done but being April it's the rainy season, so I doubt most places have room to store a vehicle for a day after indoor.
Man, there's a LOT of conflicting info out there on this.

How good does the paint have to be to apply these kind of things on?
From what I am reading the more work you put into it the better it will turn out. They said the paint must be cleaned with a clay bar in one spot I read.

I would assume you want to clean it then? no wax left?
Conflicting for sure. I haven't priced a shop doing it for me, but looking at the different products it is hard to choose one.

the coating is like clearcoat.
It hides nothing. If your paint has swirl marks and shit in it you're gonna see them through the ceramic.

all of the paint cleaning is so you can properly buff it and have it mint before you apply the coating.

I have a '22 Ram truck about to be delivered in a few weeks. What am I looking at, price wise, to have the whole truck done? I figure branspankingnew would be the best possible time to do it.

These new trucks are so fucking expensive I might as well try to take care of it.

Has the price of having this done dropped a lot recently? Several months ago I was hearing of prices up to two grand and even higher. In researching it this week I'm seeing people claim it's in the $3-400 dollar range. Some claim not to get it wet for 24 hours while others say once it's finished it's ok to get wet, just don't take it through a car was for a couple of weeks. I'm considering having it done but being April it's the rainy season, so I doubt most places have room to store a vehicle for a day after indoor.
Was just talking to a guy here about getting the new car done.

He did say 42 hours don’t get wet, a week to fully cure before any washing.

Neglect (leaving sap on, etc) and Automated Brush washes are his only real issues and warranty stoppers.

Body, Headlights, Windshield was $300, $500, $1000 for 3-year, 5-year, and lifetime coatings. Add $100 for wheels. Car is also in great shape, so minimal correction needed going in.

Need to swing by the tint shop to discuss PPF, maybe wrapping the rest of the roof, and some tint changes first.

25CD5BF3-94F9-4222-8B92-37DA650DDA78.jpeg

Top Back Refresh