What's new

Century Arms AK-47 1000 round test

beats me, he has a ton of vids can't keep track of them all. Just wasn't sure what the point of the vid was if not round count.

only 1k? AKOU has 5k tests?

I don't know anything about this dude (I have zero time for all the gun video guys out there), but Robski is awesome and passionate about the AK platform and also a great guy to talk to about guns. He's super busy and on some deployments lately so I don't bug him too often, but I value his opinion very highly.

beats me, he has a ton of vids can't keep track of them all. Just wasn't sure what the point of the vid was if not round count.
Because he had veiwers telling him that
A. It wasn't accurate
B. That would fall apart after multiple rounds
C. That it couldn't maintain any kind of accuracy after that many rounds.

Do you ever check anything out, or just open your pie hole spew crap.

sorry not watching youtube vid at work. maybe you could include some of that info before randomly dropping a youtube video into a new thread with no context,.

Spew crap? What exactly did I say there to touch a nerve. Which part of Rob doing a 5k round test is crap? Rob is awesome and he has a great channel. He also does videos of the testing at various round internals to show how the gun is doing.

I guess I could have just posted his video.

nah bad enough I check here but that find of thing hogs bandwidth and could be a flag to IT if checked.

It just seemed like a random video with unclear reason of why it was posted or what the discussion point behind it was.

nah bad enough I check here but that find of thing hogs bandwidth and could be a flag to IT if checked.

It just seemed like a random video with unclear reason of why it was posted or what the discussion point behind it was.
Dude, just stop. As in stop posting. Youre a tediously annoying fuck. If you dont want to watch it dont fucking watch it. Half the the threads posted on this site are random videos with unclear points. Sometimes the point is unclear after you watch it. So fucking what! He wanted to post it so he did.

I clicked the thread thinking the OP did a 1k round test I wanted to see OPs opinion and reason for doing it. When I saw it was a youtube video I passed. Personally I think 99% of the youtube gun guys are fucking morons but that my opinion. I have seen a couple decent ones but I couldnt for the life of me remember who they are.

So Weasel quit being a giant fucking douchebag youre starting to remind of the early days of everdouche or eviltwat.

I bought a VSKA on a whim without knowing anything about AKs. Still haven't shot it. Had no idea about the religious cult-like animosity towards Century-made guns in the AK community. In hindsight I should have gotten a WASR for the same price but it does seem the Century bashing is all based on their past issues and people refuse to acknowledge any improvements made.

Last edited:
I bought a VSKA on a whim without knowing anything about AKs. Still haven't shot it. Had no idea about the religious cult-like animosity towards Century-made guns in the AK community. In hindsight I should have gotten a WASR for the same price but it does seem the Century bashing is all based on their past issues and people refuse to acknowledge any improvements made.
I have 2 dozens years of experience with AK platform guns and Century, and any "improvements" made are either against their will or accidental. They cut every posssible corner, and with AKs in particular, invented new corners to cut, all in pursuit of every last cent of "profit".

To clarify, my comment about Century is directed at their production side. As an importer, generally Century sold decent inventory at a decent price, with somewhat poor customer service when something went wrong. As a manufacturer, they introduced cost cutting measures that the AK community wasn't familiar with, such as using cast materials in structural components such as the trunnion, bolt, carrier, which EVERY other manufacturer (even the Chinese) had previously made from forged and billet.

It was only after YEARS of reports of bolt lugs failing and trunnions bursting, and dozens of lawsuits, that they "decided" to "improve" to forged and billet.

Top Back Refresh