What's new

CC processing?

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Need to charge people, maybe 5k/month, what do you guys suggest? Mostly in person.

Paypal? square?

I use square. Flat percentage no matter the card. can take it with me anywhere, app on my phone and a swipey thing. had a "merchant account" when I took over here, the fees varied from card to card. discover were the highest, along with some rewards cards(ie-cabelas, etc). they were 6% eeeek. we averaged over 5% per month. I think square is a flat 3% on all cards.

I use square. Flat percentage no matter the card. can take it with me anywhere, app on my phone and a swipey thing. had a "merchant account" when I took over here, the fees varied from card to card. discover were the highest, along with some rewards cards(ie-cabelas, etc). they were 6% eeeek. we averaged over 5% per month. I think square is a flat 3% on all cards.

3% why not just use paypal?

3% why not just use paypal?

Back when I was a power seller on @ebay I was screwed by @paypal. Was even on fox business insider about it. Fuck @paypal. They are not regulated by the OCC and can do just about whatever they want with your money. Up to and including putting a hold on it(until they deem the transaction is legitimate), take it back out of your bank account(if your "buyer" requests it). Fuck @paypal

I bought the terminal from Square, it sits in the office and meets the requirements to protect my business (ie-chipped cards). It was a couple hundred bucks, but at nearly half my monthly percentage that is recouped in a short time. I also have the swipey thing to put on a tablet or phone that I can use anywhere. Square drops the money at the end of business every day. Pretty easy and straight forward.

Top Back Refresh