What's new

CB's Place

LqDUQ1S.jpg

Who all went with you? I did a “date day” with the GF and we did smiley rock.

Speaking of smiley rock, I still owe you a spark plug wire. Haha that trail seems a lot longer with a regular sami. Only other time I’ve been there was when we went and I had the early iteration of my buggy.

Normansenkob-rayn please go check out the turbo thread. Boring woodpecker, highywaytohell ajax run tomorrow.:smokin:

Woodpecker, H2H, Ajax, up over Mineral Mountain to hidden lake. Fr 4 out behind Picket Post mountain to Superior and back.
Shitbox survived another beating!

Reymert mine.
sIj08Xe.jpg
g2ZJFUX.jpg
DxiSZEq.jpg
rTmReFs.jpg

Lift is done, Bendpak on a 1-10 scale is a solid 5, The shipping damage could have been avoided, their crappy packaging, strapping a box with the expensive parts to the top sucks. They also pulled a bullshit move transferring the shipment at the last moment, this caused the lift to be shipped by one shipper then transferred to Estes's in town, pretty sure this is where the box took a forklift hit.
Bendpak also does not stock unique parts (safety release handle). They made wait for the handle to made in china before shipping the missing Hydraulic and cable pieces. This made me assemble the lift vertically, easier to put that shit in when its laying on the floor. All done and working so far happy with it.
HLW82wv.jpg

Lift is done, Bendpak on a 1-10 scale is a solid 5, The shipping damage could have been avoided, their crappy packaging, strapping a box with the expensive parts to the top sucks. They also pulled a bullshit move transferring the shipment at the last moment, this caused the lift to be shipped by one shipper then transferred to Estes's in town, pretty sure this is where the box took a forklift hit.
Bendpak also does not stock unique parts (safety release handle). They made wait for the handle to made in china before shipping the missing Hydraulic and cable pieces. This made me assemble the lift vertically, easier to put that shit in when its laying on the floor. All done and working so far happy with it.
HLW82wv.jpg

Nothing like Made in China!

Really digging that shop size. Very sweet set up.

Put the beater 3/4 ton peecup on the lift ran it up and down a bunch of times while adjusting the equalizing cable.

Should be good to go,

I waited to 62 to do standing up oil changes, :homer:

Sled is serviced and ready for a thrashing, Texas trip should be around 3500 miles...
PGnZmM3.jpg

No reason to ever visit a Ca. beach again, Texas gulf folk are laid back and seem genuinely happy we are here. The beach is awesome, no glass and dogs on a leash are the only basics rules here. No hassles anywhere.:smokin:

Round Trip 2570 miles, Town Car sat most of the week in Covered parking at the Iverness.
Trip home took 2 days with a night in Fort Stockton Texas, coming up 77 we got stopped and sniffed by a dog at the Border Patrol Checkpoint, then they asked me if I was an American citizen.
Sierra Blanca we rolled through a bunch of cameras set up on tripods at eye level. Further on We crested a hill rolling 85 and I spied a Border patrol truck in the median, he was watching a stopped pickup on the shoulder. We saw 2 other cars stopped on the side of the road, each time a Border Patrol Pickup was hauling ass towards it on the frontage road.
Car performed flawlessly, fuel mileage finished down a little at 23.7, windy and ran the ac all the way home from the Texas border.

No reason to ever visit a Ca. beach again, Texas gulf folk are laid back and seem genuinely happy we are here. The beach is awesome, no glass and dogs on a leash are the only basics rules here. No hassles anywhere.:smokin:
How do you think this would be with little guys? My boys want to see the beach this summer and this is where we were thinking of going. Looks like a good time.

How do you think this would be with little guys? My boys want to see the beach this summer and this is where we were thinking of going. Looks like a good time.
It's kids and dog friendly, a lot of the condos are dog friendly, lots to do right there on the island, They say it gets hot and can be humid there in the summer. We went this time of year to avoid spring break. I don't know how crowded it gets in the summer.
Beach stays shallow a good ways out, water was 78*, there are some jelly's, we didn't see any till the last day and then there were a bunch. Stuff to do on the bay side, boat rides, fishing, jet ski's, paddle boards, kayak's, turtles, adventure park and some really sketchy looking zipline place. Watch rockets from the jetty and there is a shipyard.

It's kids and dog friendly, a lot of the condos are dog friendly, lots to do right there on the island, They say it gets hot and can be humid there in the summer. We went this time of year to avoid spring break. I don't know how crowded it gets in the summer.
Beach stays shallow a good ways out, water was 78*, there are some jelly's, we didn't see any till the last day and then there were a bunch. Stuff to do on the bay side, boat rides, fishing, jet ski's, paddle boards, kayak's, turtles, adventure park and some really sketchy looking zipline place. Watch rockets from the jetty and there is a shipyard.
Sounds like they will enjoy it, appreciate the info. We were thinking towards the end of summer, so we could avoid the crowds hopefully.

New shop tunes, Rockville 8 channel 2400w powered mixer with bluetoof.
jbl 15" pro series 500w. Factory 25' 1/4" copper cables.
Fabbed up some brackets from an upcycled worn out weight machine.
ptnOtVq.jpg

Top Back Refresh