What's new

Case 1818 skid steer. What’s it worth thread?

Guy speaks the truth, the equipment is already spoken for.

The website built in 1998 wasnt hard to find

In other words, you just wasted 55 cents on postage.

Now I have to bid on something and see how it goes :homer:

I have an old ass Rounder L700. I bought it at the last house because it was tiny and would fit thru my gate. While it's no $25k+ tracked machine it's one of the most useful tools ever for someone doing things by themselves. It lifts way more than the rated 700#'s. It picked up my boss 9.2 V blade and it's 900#'s. Bolt on tooth bar and the SOB will dig. Smooth bucket is useless in the clay around here. I use it for stuff several times a month.

I have an old ass Rounder L700. I bought it at the last house because it was tiny and would fit thru my gate. While it's no $25k+ tracked machine it's one of the most useful tools ever for someone doing things by themselves. It lifts way more than the rated 700#'s. It picked up my boss 9.2 V blade and it's 900#'s. Bolt on tooth bar and the SOB will dig. Smooth bucket is useless in the clay around here. I use it for stuff several times a month.

Worth a $1500 dollar bid?

Worth a $1500 dollar bid?

They sell for $3k-$6k around here and go fast. So yes. I almost scored a 1835 a few weeks ago for $6k sold in 2 hours. I'd give $4k all day long for that one.

I mean, if you're talking that money, can't go wrong.

Don't guys put cheap air cooled predators in these old tiny bobcats when the stock ones go?

Yup. Depending on the specific machine in question you could be looking at some fab and machine shop work but it's all simple stuff. I almost bought one with a blown engine for $1k. Kicking myself for not doing it but I need to thin the fleet first.

Last edited:
Good old boys club. No ones gettin it. Watched this happen dozens of times in the school district that I worked for.

Never mind, for some reason I had it in my head that a d3 was around 14000 lbs. That machine looks like its twice that

Asked the FIL about weight. He says as is this one weighs about 17K. On the trailer about 27 or 28.

I had a Bobcat S70 for an acreage machine and it was a kick-ass little snow clearing animal. It was good for moving engines and axles around as well. Whomever said it sucks when they tip over is dead on accurate. I dumped it on it's face and on it's back a couple times each and it was always a fun time un-belting myself, pushing the back window out and squeezing out. My wife would always laugh at me when she saw me running it saying that I looked like Donkey Kong in a go-cart...

Much better than trying to carry stuff around by hand. I've recently moved to a larger acreage and swapped the little machine out with a large frame New Holland LX865 that we've had in the family since new. It'll pick up 4000 lbs no problem and is perfect for doing truck stuff.

Much better than trying to carry stuff around by hand. I've recently moved to a larger acreage and swapped the little machine out with a large frame New Holland LX865 that we've had in the family since new. It'll pick up 4000 lbs no problem and is perfect for doing truck stuff.

My BIL had an lx865. Nice size machine.

I just picked up an l555. I got it for cheap. Weighs 4700# and is rated to pick up 1650#.

That's about what I figured with the cab.

Those goosenecks aren't *that* heavy? Are they?

For reference, by single wheel, dual Axle, 22' deck with 5' dovetail weighs 4500#. Payload rating is 11,500 to make it a 16k trailer. As said above, I bet the trailer weighs 5k empty.

And as far as skid steer weight, not many get up into the teens weight wise. The big Cat skid steer and mulcher head setup weighs in at almost 12k.

You get it yet? Here's about 30 mins of work last weekend with the baby skid loader I have. Went across the scale and it was 10,800 #'s TARE. Might have had the old cummins a little over loaded. LOL Beats the shit out of shoveling that's for sure.

dumpy.JPG

You get it yet? Here's about 30 mins of work last weekend with the baby skid loader I have. Went across the scale and it was 10,800 #'s TARE. Might have had the old cummins a little over loaded. LOL Beats the shit out of shoveling that's for sure.

Scraping up manure off a concrete slab????
faaaaawk!!!!! Should be done in ten!!!!
:flipoff2:

The weight on that poor truck though!!!!

4 yards

Quoting for when you edit after realizing the link says the opposite of what you think it does. :laughing:

Really?

": the officially accepted weight of an empty car, vehicle, or container that when subtracted from gross weight yields the net weight of cargo or shipment upon which charges can be calculated"

Top Back Refresh