What's new

Carnitas Time

72blazer

Marion Cobretti
Member Number
Loc
The Real South Texas
Disclaimer: if you’re a vegan, watching your health, an exercise fanatic with condescending views, artisian, or plain homo ghey by cooking in a crockpot, then hit the back button :flipoff2:

Tonight, I am preparing 2 pork butts, some sirloin fajita (tri tip for you hipsters), and some spare ribs to be fried in 10 lbs of lard in the disco.

Beer ✔
Meat ✔️
Cold front blowing in ✔️
Clogged arteries ✔️
Good eating ✔️

Will report back with results.

Sounds good!

This is my go to for carnitas, I go easy on the orange and skip the salsa

Sounds good!

This is my go to for carnitas, I go easy on the orange and skip the salsa
This isn’t a cook build thread for pussies :flipoff2: Oven. Crock pot. Gheyyyy.

Drink about 5 beers while you wait for someone to go get the meat.

Step one: kill your fucking pig and prep it.
Step two optional: go to the store and buy some pork butts and spare ribs.
Step three: strip the meat off bone on the butt.
Step four: season with sea salt, I prefer coarse.
Step five: drink beers.
Step six: have your dad or father figure pre hear the disco with 10 lbs of lard
Step seven: drink beers
Step 8; throw the pork into the lard and smell the goodness while drinking more beer. I’m about here.

81612415-7F54-4D01-BCB5-9976178132B9.jpeg
7DE69346-8136-4101-926F-7FB6A5976E8F.jpeg
864C84F2-DAAC-489A-800A-F4548123C481.jpeg
9C488EC7-CFB0-4C8B-BAAB-C3CBDEC6B310.jpeg

Fuck, those look delicious.

Slight side track: WTF are the pans for that people sell along the road in the valley? Can’t tell if they’re fancy fish cookers of for some Mexican food delicacy I’m unaware of.

where do people get those big pans for cooking carnitas in? Step sold a hog to some Mexicans a few years ago and they wanted to butcher it at the farm.. he didn't mind so they set up a big pan like that over a wood fire and cooked carnitas fireside wihile they worked up the meat.. fuck it was good.

Fuck, those look delicious.

Slight side track: WTF are the pans for that people sell along the road in the valley? Can’t tell if they’re fancy fish cookers of for some Mexican food delicacy I’m unaware of.
I have not seen them? :homer:

where do people get those big pans for cooking carnitas in? Step sold a hog to some Mexicans a few years ago and they wanted to butcher it at the farm.. he didn't mind so they set up a big pan like that over a wood fire and cooked carnitas fireside wihile they worked up the meat.. fuck it was good.

I’ve actually used this one a couple of times. Since I was cooking at my parents, I used mg dads. :smokin:

i thought it was mandatory to drink Mexican beer with Mexican food? I like Dos Equis myself but I am just a dumb gringo. :flipoff2:

Rarely make my way to that area even tho my parents live in San Benito. :homer:

Ended up having about 4 lbs of meat we didn’t cook so saving it for the next time.

I never reported back, but I slightly fuckered up my 1st attempt and cut the meat into too small of chunks. That threw off the cooking time. It wasn’t bad, but bigger chunks would have been better.

Top Back Refresh