What's new

Carhartt vs. Duluth vs. ? work pants

Aggie06

I ain't the one to blame.
Member Number
Loc
Balls Deep South Texas
Shopping for some new work pants. I have been buying the C.E. Schmidt pants from TSC, but it looks like they may not be carrying them anymore. Looking for something similar which led me to Carhartt and Duluth. Is the added price worth it for either? Any other brands to consider?

What kind of work?

Buddy worked in a scrap yard, wore dickies because battery acid didn't burn through em like it did carhartts.
I wear carhartts because they have double knees and I can use the built in kneecaps, since my knees are already fucked.
A lot of guys on site use the dickies with zip off pockets.
I like the dickies logger pants for the double back pockets to carry tools when I'm doing finishing.

Depends on wheat you mean by "work". I use the logger style with the double knee. I buy Dickies for a few reasons. They fit better, they last just as long and are way cheaper. I also buy them because around here at least nothing screams welfare hipster louder than some dude decked out in Carhart everything and perhaps some sort of hi viz to complete his look.

Isn’t Duluth lifetime warranty?

I have a few pairs of carpenter type but haven’t worn through them to check warranty.
They are the stretch type and comfortable

I also buy them because around here at least nothing screams welfare hipster louder than some dude decked out in Carhart everything and perhaps some sort of hi viz to complete his look.

Around here they would be oil field and there would also be an FR logo on them. There are hipsters in the patch to be sure but nothing like the vacationers that come from who knows where with their mans capped faces and tight lumber jack clothes.:lmao:

Depends on wheat you mean by "work". I use the logger style with the double knee. I buy Dickies for a few reasons. They fit better, they last just as long and are way cheaper. I also buy them because around here at least nothing screams welfare hipster louder than some dude decked out in Carhart everything and perhaps some sort of hi viz to complete his look.

I find dickies to be softer and not last as long as carhartts. I did just buy a fresh set of coveralls that felt pretty thin and soft though.

I have one pair of Duluth Firehose Pants, they're pretty comfortable and have held up well. Carharts hang low on me because I have a longer than average torso apparently so they're not my favorites and I can't wear them without a belt but I buy my pants when they're on sale so I stay ahead of the curve. Just got a couple pairs of Carhart double knee workpants for under 15 bucks a pair which was a price I couldn't pass up.

I always wore Lee's but I can't find the heavy ones anymore , switched to Dickies and so far I like them and they're holding up to the construction work.

I wear Dickies. Roofing kills all clothes and by the time these are dead they're also so disgusting they're getting thrown out anyways

I don't love the current Duluth brand.

The price seem higher than giraffe pussy on price, and I heard the quality has taken a hit in the last couple of years

I find dickies to be softer and not last as long as carhartts. I did just buy a fresh set of coveralls that felt pretty thin and soft though.

Dickies fit me better for sure. Carhartt has different thicknesses Like all the major players do. I destroy all brands about the same with all things being equal.
Buy what fits best in comfort and budget. If I had to choose between a pair that fit fucking perfect but I knew I was going to wear through faster vs a pair the fit ish but not comfortable but wore like armor I would buy extra pairs of the comfortable ones and be prepared to spend a few extra bucks for comfort for a season or 2 of work.

I have a few pair of Wrangle Riggs pants my company bought for me. They are pretty decent. They are 100% cotton but have a different texture. I have yet to rip a pair of them.

im sold on wild ass pants, i got a pair of the black denim pre washed ones

made in the usa, only like $35 and they fit great :smokin:

Isn’t Duluth lifetime warranty?

I have a few pairs of carpenter type but haven’t worn through them to check warranty.
They are the stretch type and comfortable

1 year

At Duluth, we know you work and play hard. We’re confident our products are up to snuff and can take what you dish out. However, nothing lasts forever or handles every abuse. Our No Bull Guarantee is meant to cover product flaws and failures, not ordinary wear and tear. The following conditions apply regardless of when you made your purchase, even within the first year.

Sorry, we cannot accept returns for:
  • Products damaged by misuse, negligence, improper care, or chewing by Scout or Fluffy
  • Products showing extreme abuse or unusual wear and tear
  • Products lost or damaged through natural disasters, fire or accidents
  • Products with a missing or defaced label, or brands we don’t sell
  • Products sold in multiples, such as 3-packs, but returned individually
  • Products that have been contaminated or soiled beyond a reasonable expectation
  • Products returned for personal circumstances (such as weight loss) unrelated to product design or performance
  • Repetitive abuse of our return policy
Our goal is to always treat you fairly – No Bull – and we ask the same of you.

Wear them when working on our field equipment (tractor, planter, etc.), around the garage, cutting firewood, working around the house, hunting, etc. I liked the Schmidt brand as they held up fairly well for that.

Have a couple pairs of the double front carhart, I like them. Need to get the B01 code pants that are still made in usa though.

Carhart everything for me anymore since Levi started making hipster tight pants. I tried to find a pair of duluth's when I was in duluth a few years ago and every pair I found was way too baggy to be of any use. My wife was with me and also told me they all made my ass disappear.
Carhart just seems to be a good consistent choice for most stuff for me anymore, pants all have a third stitch and they last a long time. They are a little thicker so they are a touch warm in the summer when new but after you wear and wash the awhile they thin out and breath. I wear the lined carharts as soon as outdoor temps get below 30 and they are awesome.

Carhartt double front ripstop cargo pants. Pockets enough for my stuff, seem to hold up pretty well, they will sag low without a belt, but unless I'm in sweats, I probably have a belt on anyway. I suspect Dickies probably make something that would work for me too, but I didn't find it last I looked, and it's easy for me to just buy the same size/model/color that I know works for me. Wear at work until they start looking raggedy around the pockets and cuffs, then demote to camping/home/weekends until they're toast.

Last I heard carhart left the country, I got a vest that feels like cardboard the zipper sux, and yes I still wear it!
Perhaps dickies now?
The last time I bought from deluth it was a nightmare!, And ya gotta be a fatazz!

Around here they would be oil field and there would also be an FR logo on them. There are hipsters in the patch to be sure but nothing like the vacationers that come from who knows where with their mans capped faces and tight lumber jack clothes.:lmao:

Reminds me of last summer. I go into a liquor warehouse type deal and head into the freezer for beer. I round a corner and I am presented with not 1 but 2 of them. Man bun, perfectly scaped beards, flannel checkered shirts, skinny Carhart work pants and brand new steel toe boots. I fucking thought it was Halloween or something, like twins they were and they were each toting a sixer of PBR:lmao: I saw them leave in their Dodge truck, pretty sure it had some fake dirt on it too.

I have several pairs of the Duluth Flex Firehouse pants and they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn for work (commercial electrician). But, as stated above, their quality has gone down. I have three pairs all purchased at the same time that are all labeled the same size but they all fit very differently. Kind of like Goldilocks. One pair is a little tight, one pair is a little loose, and one pair fits perfect.

Look at the Gawd damned label. :eek:

Where made at fucky poo ?

You dont want to be peeling back Chicom foreskin to swallow that load.

Seriously.

A lot of Carhart is sucking Chinese dick right now.

Screw Duluth.

With the forever warranty, their import junk was a good deal. Without it, it's not.

:mad3:

Dickies work for me. Tend to wear the carpenter style. Double knee if I can find them.

Carhart seems to think my ankles are a big as my thighs so it feels like I am walking around in juggalo pants.

Reminds me of last summer. I go into a liquor warehouse type deal and head into the freezer for beer. I round a corner and I am presented with not 1 but 2 of them. Man bun, perfectly scaped beards, flannel checkered shirts, skinny Carhart work pants and brand new steel toe boots. I fucking thought it was Halloween or something, like twins they were and they were each toting a sixer of PBR:lmao: I saw them leave in their Dodge truck, pretty sure it had some fake dirt on it too.

Were the mirrors flipped out?

Jeans / pants from All American Clothing Co. are made damn stout imo.
They definitely outlasted all other brands I wore when working in the shop.
Around the same price as most but USA made.

Top Back Refresh