What's new

Cargo Trailer toy hauler conversion components..

BlackfishFab

Member Number
Hey yall! Havent been on "here" in almost 2 decades...feels like coming home to your old childhood bedroom!

I started up a new small little company making components to convert cargo trailers into toy haulers with off-grid quality of life goods. Things the mainstream builders overlook. We are kind of a unique group and we have special requirements, though most of it will cross over into all motorsports worlds.
Checkout Blackfishfabrication.com while I await my vendor status.
0426221517.jpg
IMG_20220506_210640_969.jpg
0425221636b.jpg

Awesome stuff. I'm in a handful of cargo trailer conversion pages on facespace. Ill share the link to try and help get your name out there. I converted a 6x12 a few years ago and wish I had the budget at the time to make it a little nicer with stuff like you make.

wow....that stuff is geinus....I dont even have a cargo trailer but looking at this stuff thinking I could use that for camping, or in the garage...

Oh fuck, this looks killer.

BlackfishFab do you have any videos of the collapsable shower enclosure, maybe of using it with plumbed/pressurized water? That might be the ticket for me. I could move my shower into the truck area (collapsed when the truck is in there obvs) and gain a TON of cabinet space.

Also, water just collects in the pan, then you have to pick it up to drain, or do you plumb it through the floor somewhere? EDIT nvm, I see the bung on the pan now.

Last edited:

BlackfishFab do you have any videos of the collapsable shower enclosure, maybe of using it with plumbed/pressurized water? That might be the ticket for me. I could move my shower into the truck area (collapsed when the truck is in there obvs) and gain a TON of cabinet space.

Also, water just collects in the pan, then you have to pick it up to drain, or do you plumb it through the floor somewhere? EDIT nvm, I see the bung on the pan now.
Sorry, all, for some reason im not getting replies notifications!
Your desired location is exactly what got me working on creating it. That little shower enclosure was the initial readon I started this "company."
Lets see if a vid will load...if not, they are on the instagram and Facejoke pages...

Alrighty! The Outlaw shower enclosure kits are boxed and ready to ship, and at an introductory sale price!

The idea: An entirely self contained shower enclosure that will cost ZERO floor space.
High end, fast drying fabric curtain, no heart attack-inducing cold plastic.
Dual side drains for mounting options.
Simple 4-screw attachment to ceiling studs.
Proprietary shower head/soap/washcloth holder included.
Custom toiletries holder from @sakitco included.
Velcro tabs along the bottom to keep the water in the drain pan.
Spring loaded lock keeps everything secure and overhead.

If I could request a product, I'm looking for a table that will bolt/screw onto the outside of the trailer on the curb side to replace the folding table that's always bouncing around in my trailer. Something like this, but more "blackfish", 6'ish long, 24"ish deep:

Have you seen my tables on the site? Thats what they do! Same table. So less junk. Just pops off the interior mount and slips into a keyslot that gets 3M taped(or screwed, but so far ive had a 12bolt housing on it, so prob stronger than the trailer skins, lol)

Attachments

• 0426221313.jpg
    0426221313.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 0426221313a.jpg
    0426221313a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 0426221311a.jpg
    0426221311a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 0426221302a.jpg
    0426221302a.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 0426221303a_HDR.jpg
    0426221303a_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 0426221303_HDR.jpg
    0426221303_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

There is a drain on two sides of the pan so you have multiple mounting options. One gets capped, the one on the downhill side of your trailer(usually high in the front, works better if you dont level it perfectly).

I simply drilled a hole in ny floor and it drains right to the ground below. Its just rinse water so absokutely nothing wrong with that. Can shower in a walmart parking lot.

Each shower kit comes with two 90 degree fittings and 18" of tubing. I just used a 1" piece of hose and a single 90 fitting. I flip it down, align it with the hole when I drop the pan to the floor, and shower. When im done and all the water drains, just flip the drain back up and youre back on the road. Keep in mind you'll want to dry the curtain as do on as possible.

Attachments

• 0511220853_HDR.jpg
    0511220853_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 0511220853a_HDR.jpg
    0511220853a_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 0511220853b_HDR.jpg
    0511220853b_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 0511220853.jpg
    0511220853.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Have you seen my tables on the site? Thats what they do! Same table. So less junk. Just pops off the interior mount and slips into a keyslot that gets 3M taped(or screwed, but so far ive had a 12bolt housing on it, so prob stronger than the trailer skins, lol)

I saw that, but I'm looking for something much larger, that will replace a 6' folding table, that will store on the exterior of the trailer.

There is a drain on two sides of the pan so you have multiple mounting options. One gets capped, the one on the downhill side of your trailer(usually high in the front, works better if you dont level it perfectly).

I simply drilled a hole in ny floor and it drains right to the ground below. Its just rinse water so absokutely nothing wrong with that. Can shower in a walmart parking lot.

Each shower kit comes with two 90 degree fittings and 18" of tubing. I just used a 1" piece of hose and a single 90 fitting. I flip it down, align it with the hole when I drop the pan to the floor, and shower. When im done and all the water drains, just flip the drain back up and youre back on the road. Keep in mind you'll want to dry the curtain as do on as possible.

Fuckin killer. I'm gonna work on a new layout design for my trailer now, lol.

As an aside, what brand water heater thing is that on the bench there? Can't quite make out the brand from the pic.

As an aside, what brand water heater thing is that on the bench there? Can't quite make out the brand from the pic.
Mine is a Hike Crew. I got the rechargeable, entirely portable one, but next time I would go with the simple 12v plug-in one and save a $100.
It never leaves my trailer. But I absolutely love the thing. 10 gallons of water is enough for 4 slightly-too-long rinses. Im closing in on an actual shower, lol...
But man...after 12 hours of wheelin... Hot water is $$$!

Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater & Shower Pump w/Built-in Battery | Compact Outdoor Cleaning & Showering System w/LCD, Safety Shutoff & Carry Case, Instant Hot Water for Camping & Hiking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0915FCTJX/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_31V73XVCB7A716C49C8J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hey yall! Havent been on "here" in almost 2 decades...feels like coming home to your old childhood bedroom!

I started up a new small little company making components to convert cargo trailers into toy haulers with off-grid quality of life goods. Things the mainstream builders overlook. We are kind of a unique group and we have special requirements, though most of it will cross over into all motorsports worlds.
Checkout Blackfishfabrication.com while I await my vendor status.
IMG_20220506_210640_969.jpg
Those built in storage rods are bad ass, patent opportunity?

Its almost like the people who build the $200,000 race trailers have never had to run back to the pits and grab domething as quickly as possible...or worse, send someone to grab something. I hate doors.
Just simple, simple = good

Just ordered an outlaw shower kit, and am currently in process of completely changing my hauler's layout because of it. Such a cool product.

Cool stuff, currently cleaning out a box van for a basic build.

Looking at bench seat/sofa/bed options right now. Your wall mount style cabinet configured to act as a floor mount for those jacknife sofas would be pretty slick offering nice under bench storage.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh