What's new

Car escrow companies

m016324

Member Number
So buying a car in the next week or so most likely will be across the US from us. What escrow companies have you used that you liked? I see that escrow seems to dominate the market are there others that are worth considering?

Shipped & private party only seen the car in pictures

I used a company called, escrow.com a few months back. Bought a '41 ford pick up as a gift for an employee (long story). Had it shipped from Colorado to California and everything from my end worked just fine. But the seller, had issues receiving the funds.
Escrow.com wired the money to the wrong account and didn't do anything to fix the situation. My bank and the sellers bank tried to work things out. But ultimately, the seller got the federal government fraud division involved. It's been several months, and I don't know if anything has been resolved yet.
Long story short: Don't use escrow.com.

I used a company called, escrow.com a few months back. Bought a '41 ford pick up as a gift for an employee (long story). Had it shipped from Colorado to California and everything from my end worked just fine. But the seller, had issues receiving the funds.
Escrow.com wired the money to the wrong account and didn't do anything to fix the situation. My bank and the sellers bank tried to work things out. But ultimately, the seller got the federal government fraud division involved. It's been several months, and I don't know if anything has been resolved yet.
Long story short: Don't use escrow.com.

That's unbelievable, thank you for sharing your review of escrow.com and their shady business practices

that sounds similar to how Jeremy felts aka American jeeper ran that poor lady over and refused to accept responsibility.

carry on:stirthepot:

What kind of car can you not find local? Your bank should be able to help you find a service.

Not that I can't find one local (model 3 long range with full self driving no black or silver) but they are way cheaper on the west coast for some reason like 8-10k cheaper so more than willing to buy and ship to save 7-8k.

Top Back Refresh