What's new

Car Audio: Something a little different

ProjectTwin

Member Number
Guy contacted me about tuning his demo vehicle. He had been blowing drivers.

Apparently a Rockford Fosgate rep tuned it (it’s running a Rockford processor). Crossover for the horns was way too low and there were other issues.

Better now, though. :homer:

Loud as shit, too.

I don't think most of us care about his sexual proclivities and how he earns money for that setup. We understand $20 is $20:lmao:

Out of curiosity, was the box finished or is a cover missing? That port in raw wood just didn't looked finished.

Inside of the enclosure is stained. That’s the port you’re seeing.

I’m still waiting for the bass.

This isn’t a bass demo in this video. It’s annoyingly loud as far as bass, but doesn’t play low. Tuned too high for my tastes. Falls on it‘s face at about 28Hz.

I can just see the neighbors....

"If he wants to blast some music, at least play something decent, like Shania Twain or George Jones"

Or maybe that's just me. Haha

When you bought that house, did you take cookies to the new neighbors instead of the other way around?

"Hi! I'm the new neighbor. And I'm sorry in advance for whatever happens here in the next few years...

Here's some two sided tape for your Roy Orbison commemorative plate collection."

I can just see the neighbors....

"If he wants to blast some music, at least play something decent, like Shania Twain or George Jones"

Or maybe that's just me. Haha

When you bought that house, did you take cookies to the new neighbors instead of the other way around?

"Hi! I'm the new neighbor. And I'm sorry in advance for whatever happens here in the next few years...

Here's some two sided tape for your Roy Orbison commemorative plate collection."

We ARE the neighbors.

We’re on 3 1/2 acres with two houses on the property.

We ARE the neighbors.

We’re on 3 1/2 acres with two houses on the property.

I'm on ~5 acres, I have neighbors still.

The train track is 1/2 a mile away and sometimes that horn sounds like it's at my front door.
Worse now with most of the trees being naked so the sound really carries.

Then it's airplanes. Most aren't too noticeable, but then there's always a few flying WAY too low or have whatever the airplanes version of a clapped out 305 Chev with no exhaust.
Loud as fuck and shakes the building.

Don't you live in Arizona? I see trees and grass, didn't think that was a thing down there :flipoff2:

Augusta, GA
I'm on ~5 acres, I have neighbors still.

The train track is 1/2 a mile away and sometimes that horn sounds like it's at my front door.
Worse now with most of the trees being naked so the sound really carries.

Then it's airplanes. Most aren't too noticeable, but then there's always a few flying WAY too low or have whatever the airplanes version of a clapped out 305 Chev with no exhaust.
Loud as fuck and shakes the building.

Neighbors are sparse here. We never see each other.

Inside of the enclosure is stained. That’s the port you’re seeing.
I understand the port being stained. It just looks/feels "unfinished" or out of place when compared to a sea of black covering ;)

As for the being on 5 acres issue... I'm on six acres and when my neighbor cranks his music up, it is borderline next to my house close ;) I'm sure he thinks the same thing when I bump up the home theater on occasion:lmao:

Top Back Refresh