What's new

Canning, who does it?

never even heard of them
Yeah we always have a bumper crop of beans. We can 50% of them into regular canned beans other half into dilly beans.

Basically pickled beans with a hint of heat. The kids love them. My best friends family loves them, I trade them jars of dilly beans when they babysit our kids :lmao:

If you like pickled food you’ll like them. If you want a jar let me know I could send one off to ya.

Reactions: IGT
never even heard of them
Keep an eye out for this brand if you wanna test drive 'em. It's our go to if we don't can any like this year.
Extreme-Beans-Garlic-and-Dill-Flavor-scaled.jpg

Yeah we always have a bumper crop of beans. We can 50% of them into regular canned beans other half into dilly beans.

Basically pickled beans with a hint of heat. The kids love them. My best friends family loves them, I trade them jars of dilly beans when they babysit our kids :lmao:

If you like pickled food you’ll like them. If you want a jar let me know I could send one off to ya.
You ever do any Asparagus? We did a batch in the same brine as our beans and it turned out most excellent. Will do again for sure.

Pickled asparagus is amazing.

A while back I got the hook up. Got a big batch of pickled asparagus and a bunch of canned tuna. Took full advantage of it and didnt cook for a week, pretty much just ate the canned goodies........ I have never been so tore up in my life, Was honestly scared to even get in the truck

Dunno if I mentioned it but Gf laid us up enough apple sauce to last a year of weekly eating.
Crab apple is a different animal. They are not a good apple to eat in hand. They are about the size of golf balls and wicked tart. But....the jelly made from them is great!

Lol that said homemade apple sauce is great!

Will pay for any badass spicy pickles shipped to my door!!

I'd pay you for a jar of home canned dilly beans.

Just add this… gets hot in a hurry after they rehydrate

0DB03C57-8F06-44B9-BD7B-5544F814C8A8.jpeg
I have crushed red peppers. And a ton of other spices. Just being lazy. Already made somw pickles that had red pepper flakes, 3 cloves of garlic, onions and threw in some mango habanero hot sauce in a few as well. The mango was far more dominant than I expected.

Neighbor down the road brought over a bunch of apples they got for almost free off the traveling fruit truck as it was unloading and headed back south. GF traded a like amount of excess tomatoes we had and they didn't.

Today we made more apple sauce. I typically eat me way through a couple of pints a week or more. This batch will bring us up to around 60 pints.:grinpimp: Looks like we have just enough jars left over to put up 20 pints or so of cranberry sauce, that will be tomorrow or the next day and that will bring an official end to our canning.

If you haven't tried it mixing 1/3 cranberry to 2/3 apple and mix with some sugar to taste is incredible. :stirthepot:

Top Back Refresh