What's new

Canam commander tires/rims

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
I was going to sell my ‘21 commander but my 14yo daughter convinced me not to. Since I’m keeping it, any advice on decent on/off road tires and rims for it? Looking for something that is mostly on road friendly but will bite when I need it to off-road within reason.

Light truck all terrrains will outlast any sxs specific tire. I'd figure out which size all terrains are the best value and buy a set of wheels to fit them. I run BFG KO2s on mine. I also have a set of 35" sticky roxxzillas on beadlocks that I swap on for real rock-crawling, but the all terrains are great for everything else.

Light truck all terrrains will outlast any sxs specific tire. I'd figure out which size all terrains are the best value and buy a set of wheels to fit them. I run BFG KO2s on mine. I also have a set of 35" sticky roxxzillas on beadlocks that I swap on for real rock-crawling, but the all terrains are great for everything else.
this but I run UTV KM3s for backroad/fire road use and sticky Zillas in a 32" flavor for mine.

this but I run UTV KM3s for backroad/fire road use

I decided this is what I'm going with in 30". That will be a good all-around tire for the amount of on-road driving we'll be doing plus a little on trails and at the hunting property.

I decided this is what I'm going with in 30". That will be a good all-around tire for the amount of on-road driving we'll be doing plus a little on trails and at the hunting property.
I run mine on beadlocks and unbalanced and they are good up to about 45 on pavement before i get a shimmy in the steering wheel from balance issues. :beer:

I'm going to have him balance them. Most of the time we are 45mph or under, but there's a couple paved roads that we'll be at 55-60mph.

We put the KM3’s on this morning. This afternoon my daughter and I went for a ride to try them out. About 40 miles of gravel and paved roads. They ride so much smoother than the factory knobbies. With going to a 30” tire I now have 17 1/2” of clearance at the skid plate. A true 2” gain.

DCD777CC-35E3-4437-A829-D247A8D2F999.jpeg

07EADD95-43C5-4726-A734-310934A0A067.jpeg

How much weight to balance them? mine are 32s on a set of factory Rock and Trail beadlocks and unbalanced. they shimmy above 45

Why not run water or a balance bag or air soft bb’s? Flinging off a weight sucks.

How much weight to balance them? mine are 32s on a set of factory Rock and Trail beadlocks and unbalanced. they shimmy above 45

A buddy of mine mounted/balanced them at the shop he works at. I'll have to check to see how much weight he used. He did say that two of them took a lot of weight to balance, I put those on the rear.

Why not run water or a balance bag or air soft bb’s? Flinging off a weight sucks.

I normally would use the bags.

Top Back Refresh