What's new

Can you legally 'destroy' money?

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
I got to thinking of this because I'm schizophrenic. What if you came into $250,000 say and you wanted it gone. Let's say you think the money is 'evil' or brings bad tidings, and you don't want to give it to a charity or even a hobo. You just want it 'gone', as in disappeared. To destroy it.
  • You can't burn or melt it down, it is illegal to deface notes and specie.
  • You can't pay someone to do something, the money is still there and now has mucked them up with evil.
  • You can't dump it in the ocean, see Laws, plus passing ships and fish are filthed up with evil, maybe even sink or turn maneater.
  • You can't shoot it into space, wherever it goes it has evil smegma.
Sooooo.... is there a way to destroy money? To make it go away, legally? Not exchange it in ANY way whatsoever, at all, period. It has to disappear from the universe. The $250,000 has to go away.

Send it to me, and I promise you will be safe from it :flipoff2:

. . . guaranteed, or double no money back :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

EDIT - one condition, depending on the meaning of this ambiguous statement:

What if you came into $250,000 . . .

If you jerked off on that quarter-mil, please wash it before sending, because . . . ewww

Last edited:
Send it to me and I will go on strike for average older white guy values, just like you always advocate. Rationalize it with yourself.:flipoff2:

this thread scares me sorta... are you really a fellow schiz noob??? I'm gonna have over 250 real soon too, but I need to make it last..

but I have a question.. can you really not weld a quarter to something? it that against the law? I wanted to weld a few quarters to something, very soon.. maybe I will need to use small pieces of scrap metal.. my tripod is now missing a few knobs, and I wanted to weld quarters where the knobs used to be, cuz I cant get enough torque and grip on the little stints that are left.. I tried replacing the knobs, but no dice..

this thread scares me sorta... are you really a fellow schiz noob??? I'm gonna have over 250 real soon too, but I need to make it last..

but I have a question.. can you really not weld a quarter to something? it that against the law? I wanted to weld a few quarters to something, very soon.. maybe I will need to use small pieces of scrap metal.. my tripod is now missing a few knobs, and I wanted to weld quarters where the knobs used to be, cuz I cant get enough torque and grip on the little stints that are left.. I tried replacing the knobs, but no dice..

I seriously have no idea how you have made it this far through life.

but I have a question.. can you really not weld a quarter to something? . . . my tripod is now missing a few knobs, and I wanted to weld quarters where the knobs used to be . . .

Weld or braze?
What are the knob stems made of?
What do you think quarters are made of?

EDIT: If you do try welding quarters to tripod knob stems, please take video :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Weld or braze?
What are the knob stems made of?
What do you think quarters are made of?

If you do try it, please take video :flipoff2:

hmm Im not sure how welding would effect the camera.. I kinda think I would need to hold or tape up a regular shield to block out everything..

I took courses on welding like 12 years ago.. to improve.. but its been many years since I actually welded something.. I was gonna try to find someone who knew more than me.. to help.. I have heard of people welding quarters to stuff.. so I know its possible.. I just don't want to get arrested for something so simple.. I will probably just look for some scrap metal pieces,,

oh and I dont know what those stems are made of

other than loosing knobs, its a really nice video tripod that I got used..

Dont point a camera at something being welded. It'll burn up the sensor in the camera. It doesn't matter if it a phone camera or video camera. You need a special filter over the lens to shield the sensor in any digital recording device.

Any reputable camera shop will have them.

I took courses on welding like 12 years ago.. to improve.. but its been many years since I actually welded something.. I was gonna try to find someone who knew more than me.. to help.. I have heard of people welding quarters to stuff.. so I know its possible.. I just don't want to get arrested for something so simple.. I will probably just look for some scrap metal pieces,,

oh and I dont know what those stems are made of

Here's why I asked those questions:

Most types of welding require similar metals.
Quarters from 1932 to 1965 are 100% silver.
'65-on, they're 8.33% nickel and 91.67% copper.

You could braze or solder your quarters, but probably not weld them.

EDIT:
hmm Im not sure how welding would effect the camera..

That's a risk we're willing to take :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Dont point a camera at something being welded. It'll burn up the sensor in the camera. It doesn't matter if it a phone camera or video camera. You need a special filter over the lens to shield the sensor in any digital recording device.

Any reputable camera shop will have them.

yeah, like I mentioned I took welding in college 12 years ago.. I recorded a little with what was at the time a good sony camera that took short videos.. and I had to use a shield..

what I didnt know is if technology had improved since then.. and I guess it hasnt

Evernoob, the answer to your question is to bury it. No container, no jar, nothing. Just cash in the ground. After the elements take their toll, it will naturally be destroyed and you can claim ignorance and say you buried it because that's what they do on TV. "Oops, sorry. Didn't know it would be destroyed." No laws broken, money gone, mission accomplished.
(But I'd rather you just give it me and I can make sure it's not used for evil.)

On topic: Anyone have a guess at the most amount of money ever intentionally burned is?

if you are ~200 miles away from the coast, you can dump whatever you want into the ocean deserts. nobody cares and no laws will be violated.

or you could always just burn it, that isn't defacing currency. the defacing law is to prevent you from adding a couple Zeros to a $1 note to pass it off as a $100

Evernoob, the answer to your question is to bury it. No container, no jar, nothing. Just cash in the ground. After the elements take their toll, it will naturally be destroyed and you can claim ignorance and say you buried it because that's what they do on TV. "Oops, sorry. Didn't know it would be destroyed." No laws broken, money gone, mission accomplished.
(But I'd rather you just give it me and I can make sure it's not used for evil.)

On topic: Anyone have a guess at the most amount of money ever intentionally burned is?

probably trillions by now :laughing:

what happens to money when it get's deemed unfit for circulation?

Wow. Bunch of insomniacs around here.

When I was a kid we used to place coins on the railroad tracks. Flattened those fawkers right out.

Aside from that I'll take my chances with the evil.

probably trillions by now :laughing:

what happens to money when it get's deemed unfit for circulation?

Goes to the federal reserve to be shredded and given out in little cellophane wrapped bales to school kids after the tour is over.

Top Back Refresh