What's new

Can we get the desk top version on our phone?

I have chrome & pick the desktop tab. Easy Peasy Japaneasy...

Oh yeah, it worked on PBB too :flipoff2:

pull down on the top of your screen and use the 3 dots to get into the menu.

For others ... if you use Safari on the iPhone there is a 'Request Desktop Website' in the settings.

Chrome doesn't have one where you can set it and forget it. You have to do it each time which is annoying.

Oh shit why did I just figure this out? [desktop mode engaged]

Ahhhhhh..... feels just like home. :smokin: Just wish there was a way to leave it on with droid/chrome

For others ... if you use Safari on the iPhone there is a 'Request Desktop Website' in the settings.

Chrome doesn't have one where you can set it and forget it. You have to do it each time which is annoying.

When I request the desktop version on my iPhone, it just reloads the mobile version :confused:

Maybe it is because my phone is old? I definitely prefer the desktop version.

I can’t find “request desktop website” in my settings?

edit: I’m an idiot

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200527-100352.png
Screenshot_20200527-100309.png

Ok, I really don't know to what you are referring to when you say you hit the share button in safari.....

but, on your iPhone (not in safari, not setting on this site but in your iPhone settings) if you go to Settings > Safari, there is not an option for Request Desktop?

Also, you're not likely to get the exact same view as your desktop. The site has a "responsive design", meaning it adjusts look/feel to the users screen size. You can take your desktop window and drag it smaller and larger and see it adjust. PBB being older had one layout for desktops and a separate one for mobile which is why 'Request Desktop Site' worked like it did.

For Chrome users, I also just found this gem I wish I knew about years ago ... Go to chrome://flags and search for Desktop... there’s a “Request desktop mode by default”... set that to “Enabled” and restart the browser. It’s working for me.

Ok I've decided my phone must be fucked... or I'm really that retarded. Can't find the pull down menu and still can get pictures to work. S8 active

Firefox saves the setting for the tab you're using it on but doesn't effect other open tabs if anyone is interested. It works just like the chrome drop down and check the box.

Yes use Lightning and set it to Desktop emulation. Many instructions on the internet, "google lightning desktop emulation"

Be an avid shrinker-and-expander.

Don't need to read the thread, this is the answer you're welcome.

Oh shit why did I just figure this out? [desktop mode engaged]

Ahhhhhh..... feels just like home. :smokin: Just wish there was a way to leave it on with droid/chrome

Another workaround is, not using chrome. I know it's the shit, and it's built into droid. But... chrome is spyware control / bloatware infused. Keep it.

But you can augment your device with the Brave browser, or Firefox etc. Both of those easily toggle 'desktop site' and they stay toggled for all browser instances.

FYI, the Brave browser is chromium based and is the leading browser in the Snowden campaign. :smokin:

Also, you're not likely to get the exact same view as your desktop. The site has a "responsive design", meaning it adjusts look/feel to the users screen size. You can take your desktop window and drag it smaller and larger and see it adjust. PBB being older had one layout for desktops and a separate one for mobile which is why 'Request Desktop Site' worked like it did.

For Chrome users, I also just found this gem I wish I knew about years ago ... Go to chrome://flags and search for Desktop... there’s a “Request desktop mode by default”... set that to “Enabled” and restart the browser. It’s working for me.

This must be the issue then. I would prefer not to have a "responsive design," but I realize I may be in the minority on this.

Another workaround is, not using chrome. I know it's the shit, and it's built into droid. But... chrome is spyware control / bloatware infused. Keep it.

But you can augment your device with the Brave browser, or Firefox etc. Both of those easily toggle 'desktop site' and they stay toggled for all browser instances.

FYI, the Brave browser is chromium based and is the leading browser in the Snowden campaign. :smokin:

Just an update, its been staying on desktop with Chrome. No clue what happened, but I just click on here and BOOM I'm in my favorite recliner. :smokin:

When I request the desktop version on my iPhone, it just reloads the mobile version :confused:

Maybe it is because my phone is old? I definitely prefer the desktop version.

I'm on a ip4 running 9.3.6 don't think I have the option. oh well the mobile setup works.

I'm on a ip4 running 9.3.6 don't think I have the option. oh well the mobile setup works.

It is definitely a lot better than the mobile version of Pirate, and is tolerable, but it still hides some information which I find annoying.

Top Back Refresh