What's new

Campfire Restrictions California

WLDWUN

in the woods
Member Number
Loc
Pollock Pines CA
Just a heads up for campfires

Fire restrictions have gone into effect on Friday May 29th for Eldorado National Forest
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd745263.pdf

Yes this is extremely early to have this happen, but it has to do with more than just conditions this year.
this also went into effect for almost all of Region 5 (all of California)

All Forest in Nevada went into effect on Saturday 5/30 as well.

in other states check current conditions before you go.
Be smart and be safe

Last edited:
Just a heads up for campfires

Fire restrictions have gone into effect on Friday May 29th for Eldorado National Forest
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd745263.pdf

Yes this is extremely early to have this happen, but it has to do with more than just conditions this year.
this also went into effect for almost all of Region 5 (all of California)

All Forest in Nevada went into effect on Saturday 6/30 as well.

in other states check current conditions before you go.
Be smart and be safe

Seems a little silly with rain less than a week ago and more coming this weekend. But at the same time, with the heat we're having, it dries out quick.

I have a feeling its more to keep people from congregating together more than fire danger at this point.

Kevin

I have a feeling its more to keep people from congregating together more than fire danger at this point.

Kevin

correct

I spoke with the Forest Service for about an hour the other day.
even though conditions on the ground may not warrant fire restrictions currently, their fear that any fire, will cause their crews to need to spend more time together at a time when they are being instructed to keep distance from each other. They have limited crews, and should they have many of them down at some point due to a virus, they fear the possibility exists that they will be under staffed when a large fire occurs.

Over reaction, maybe.
but understandable

Fukkit
hot,cold, or....
my crew is hitting the con next week:usa:

correct

I spoke with the Forest Service for about an hour the other day.
even though conditions on the ground may not warrant fire restrictions currently, their fear that any fire, will cause their crews to need to spend more time together at a time when they are being instructed to keep distance from each other. They have limited crews, and should they have many of them down at some point due to a virus, they fear the possibility exists that they will be under staffed when a large fire occurs.

Over reaction, maybe.
but understandable

Seriously?

Unfortunately we have had at least 3 fire bugs running around here(Mt. Tam area north bay area) that they've caught 2 and are still looking for the 3rd.

We had a brush fire at one of our facilities that the inspector said was arson (no suspect). I think 2020 is just going to be a fucked year and people are going to take advantage.

Top Back Refresh