What's new

Camera for scope

Duc

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
ABQ NM
Im looking for a solution for mounting a camera behind a vortex Viper PST scope for a remote applications. My knowledge of camera systems if fairly low but unwilling to speed 1k for the bolt on camera systems I see from a few places.

Tried a gopro hero 7 black but was unhappy with the performance and the lack of different lens to improve the viewing.

I have 12v-48 volts DC to power the camera but the system will need a HDMI or video out for FPV operation like you see on the drones.

Any suggestions.

Could you use one of the phone skope adapters and FaceTime? I think there is a way to set it to auto answer, or you can do it from a paired watch or computer.

Perfer a camera and not a cell phone. This would be more of a permanent placement

Perfer a camera and not a cell phone. This would be more of a permanent placement

Got it. Was figuring you might be trying to take care of a nighttime pest without sitting out there in the mosquitos for 8 hours. How about a GoPro? I know they have WiFi and remotes.

Got it. Was figuring you might be trying to take care of a nighttime pest without sitting out there in the mosquitos for 8 hours. How about a GoPro? I know they have WiFi and remotes.

No pest yet but it would be cool if that worked. Mostly want to see if I can get it working.

Tried the Gopro but it was shit for viewing thru the scope. Probably about 90 percent ready to try the system without the video feed.

Top Back Refresh