What's new

Californians Who Allegedly Defaced Black Lives Matter Mural Face Hate Crime Charge

nahmus

Refugee from syrup
Member Number
Loc
East Coast
So this means that everyone caught on video defacing and destroying statues and monuments are going to get prosecuted the same way right?????

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/blac...martinez-california-hate-crime-013118848.html
Two residents of Martinez, California, who allegedly vandalized a Black Lives Matter street mural on Independence Day have been charged with a hate crime, officials said Tuesday.

The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s office said Nichole Anderson, 42, and David Nelson, 53, face three misdemeanor charges, including vandalism, for allegedly painting over the mural on Saturday ― shortly after it was completed by community members outside a county courthouse in Martinez.

If convicted, Anderson and Nelson face up to a year in county jail, Becton’s office said.

A local resident had obtained a permit from the city to paint the mural, police said.
Video of the defacement, captured by an onlooker, shows a woman in a red shirt with an American flag design using black paint and a roller to cover part of the mural.

A man in a MAGA hat and T-shirt that reads “Trump” and “Four More Years” accompanied the woman and recorded onlookers as they shouted at them to stop vandalizing the mural.

“There is no racism,” the man said in the video. “It’s a leftist lie. It’s a lie from the media, the liberal left.”

BREAKING: The #Martinez couple caught on video painting over the approved #BlackLivesMatter mural on #FourthofJuly are being charged with a hate crime, according to a release from the #ContraCostaCounty District Attorney's office. pic.twitter.com/9L21byNsE1
— KCBS 106.9 FM/740 AM (@KCBSRadio) July 7, 2020

The mural was a “peaceful and powerful way to communicate the importance of Black lives,” Contra Costa County District Attorney Diana Becton said in a statement.

“We must address the root and byproduct of systemic racism in our country,” she said. “The Black Lives Matter movement is an important civil rights cause that deserves all of our attention.”

There is no importance of black lives, no more than any other race / color.

Saying there is = racism.

Last edited:
i'm excited to see what happens in DC with the lawsuit against the mayor/city over the BLM in the streets.

Vandalism? Sure. Hate Crime? No Fawkin' Way!
The average American has lost his or her fookin' mind :homer:

Folks are tripping over each other to out-PC the last idjit.

"ALL LIVES MATTER" cannot be racist - how could it be?

Differentiating by race is, by definition, RACIST. <-- truth.

Semi-related:

Adults need to stop fearing telling children "no" before Lord of the Flies becomes reality.

Also, 1984 was a cautionary story, not a damned road map :flipoff:

Logic, reason, and centuries-old word definitions are still valid.

So this means that everyone caught on video defacing and destroying statues and monuments are going to get prosecuted the same way right?????

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/blac...martinez-california-hate-crime-013118848.html

The mural was a “peaceful and powerful way to communicate the importance of Black lives,” Contra Costa County District Attorney Diana Becton said in a statement.

“We must address the root and byproduct of systemic racism in our country,” she said. “The Black Lives Matter movement is an important civil rights cause that deserves all of our attention.”

Prosecutor Diana Becton

rdsCPp2.jpg

SURPRISE!
:lmao:

Since when is it illegal to clean up and paint over graffiti? Cause that’s what the BLM “mural” really is.

i almost wish there was one of these “murals” around here. I’d love to lay down a big fat burnout right across it.

Since when is it illegal to clean up and paint over graffiti? Cause that’s what the BLM “mural” really is.

i almost wish there was one of these “murals” around here. I’d love to lay down a big fat burnout right across it.

Apparently they got a permit to paint BLM thing wherever this was in commiefornia.

i'm excited to see what happens in DC with the lawsuit against the mayor/city over the BLM in the streets.

Haven't heard of this.

DId someone file a permit request for All Lives Matter or Irate Lives Matter or something and was denied? God I hope so

DId someone file a permit request for All Lives Matter . . . ? God I hope so

That is a GREAT idea :bounce2: I hope someone has already done it.

Denial --> lawsuit (should be slam-dunk win).

Approval --> heads explode because (honestly not sure why, but :laughing: )

WTF is that?

Based on the article, I'd say "a racist"

Last edited:
Haven't heard of this.

DId someone file a permit request for All Lives Matter or Irate Lives Matter or something and was denied? God I hope so

even better

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...8-98729a6fdb1e

The nonprofit organization wants to paint its motto which is "Because no one is above the law." The group was willing to paint the slogan on a separate city street outside of its D.C. headquarters.https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...tions/65-182facef-0271-4cfb-8178-98729a6fdb1e
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...tions/65-182facef-0271-4cfb-8178-98729a6fdb1e

The HuffingGluePost linkslide within OP's linkslide refers to them as "two Donald Trump supporters" - no bias there :rolleyes:

:idea: - if they were smart (not likely) and politically motivated, they would've worn "Biden 2020" shirts :laughing:

[tinfoil] - false flag op? Leftists out to portray "Trump supporters"? If the case disappears, that's a "yes" [/tinfoil]

The HuffingGluePost linkslide within OP's linkslide refers to them as "two Donald Trump supporters" - no bias there :rolleyes:

:idea: - if they were smart (not likely) and politically motivated, they would've worn "Biden 2020" shirts :laughing:

[tinfoil] - false flag op? Leftists out to portray "Trump supporters"? If the case disappears, that's a "yes" [/tinfoil]

It's not a leftist ploy, it's attention whores getting what they are looking for. Yes, most of us are tired of the left attention. Now you have people that are fed up, doing dumb shit for more attention.

It's not a leftist ploy, it's attention whores getting what they are looking for. Yes, most of us are tired of the left attention. Now you have people that are fed up, doing dumb shit for more attention.

Yeah, I wasn't endorsing the [tinfoil] position, just stating the ridiculous, since we're taking race relations to the "ridiculous" zone.
Agreed that it was a couple well-intentioned average schmucks who are now charged (wrongly) with a "hate crime".

Vandalism - $20 fine and a stern reprimand sounds adequate.

Top Back Refresh