What's new

California to Oregon

axjwhlr

Rock God
Member Number
Loc
East bay/ North bay
Looks like I'll finally have the option to move out of this state. My woman just graduated from nursing school and Medford has a new grad program she wants to go to. Anybody here make this move? What are the pro's and con's? We have two teenage daughters, are the schools decent? Thanks in advance

havnt moved there just visited, but 30 packs dont exist and liquor is only sold at liquor stores

and if you think we have nice green landscape youre wrong

THEY have nice green landscape :laughing: i was blown away

Medford is pretty much California and I'd consider the border area about the shittyest part of both states. My family owns a lot of real estate in those parts.

It's rains a lot, and it's cloudy 90% of the time. The politics are run by portland and rival califonia in stupidity. Other than Portland, it's not bad place. I thinking of where to retire, someplace rural on the west side might be the place. The weather is pretty mild, decent hospitals, cost of living isn't bad outside the big cities.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Some just dont know what liberalism is.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Some just dont know what liberalism is.

well, out of the fire and into the frying pan, honestly.

OR isn't nearly CA and likely won't be. as fucked up as Portland is, it still doesn't have the same effect as living with SF and LA metro areas.

i don't care for Medford personally, but give it a whirl.

well, out of the fire and into the frying pan, honestly.

OR isn't nearly CA and likely won't be. as fucked up as Portland is, it still doesn't have the same effect as living with SF and LA metro areas.

i don't care for Medford personally, but give it a whirl.

Give it 10 years max and it will be.

The 10 planks walk em you will be.

Medford is a shit hole, there are some nice areas nearby such as Sam's Valley, Jacksonville, etc. What will you do while she is doing the grad school thing?

Medford? Hope you like tweakers. I lived in Methford, actually Talent, for 6 months working on a job. Get out of Medford a bit. Jacksonville is cool from what I seen.

Give it 10 years max and it will be.

The 10 planks walk em you will be.

you'd be hard pressed to make a prediction so off the wall that CA won't bring to fruition with 10 more years :laughing:

OR is easily 20-30 years behind CA at the moment

Grew up in and around Methford, 30 mi west in Applegate be exact. Schools were good when I went there 20 yrs ago, can't say for sure now. It's basically California as far as politics. I don't know WTF Norm is speaking of, it's not nearly overcast and shitty like the flathead. The rogue valley does get a bit socked in in the winter, but not terrible. Summers are hot as fuck. I'd look west, Jacksonville, Ruch, Applegate if you can afford. Much better than the main valley, and still fairly easy commute.

Grants pass area seems very nice and not a bad commute. Ive stayed a few times but cant offer more than that. Grants pass has the rogue river running through...

Lived in Klamath, worked in Medford. Ashland is nice, and more expensive. A bit hippy and artsy but a better place than Medford. Running Y over near Klamath is a good neighborhood, but also a bit more pricey.

Teenage years are a rough time to move imo.

At the same time, could be a good time for a fresh start depending on how your kids are.

Bay area? Medford may as well be Alaska :laughing:
​​​​​

Wife is an RN, we just moved to Juneau, AK, $12k signing bonus and she took a $17 an hour raise over Colorado to move up here. Good paying work at the mines depending on your skill set.

OR is easily 20-30 years behind CA at the moment

I say that to my Oregonian friends every time I visit. "This place and its people are retarded. You're 20 yrs behind" but I don't mean 20 yrs behind California, I mean 20 yrs behind the world.

Even retards from Cali who move there say it's fkg retarded.

Medford is a shit hole, there are some nice areas nearby such as Sam's Valley, Jacksonville, etc. What will you do while she is doing the grad school thing?

Yeah, we definitely don't want to live in Medford but commuting in from outside areas. Now that her schooling is over my options are open, jack of all trades master of none. Probably look into a trade, electrician or hvac. I'm currently managing a parts department for a dealership so I always have that option, but i'm looking to expand my knowledge.

Last edited:
It's rains a lot, and it's cloudy 90% of the time.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about ??

You clearly have never lived here, it rains a lot in seattle portland and even eugene in the winter months, but not so much here, in the summer we can go 3 or 4 months easy w/o a drop of rain and it is very VERYseldom overcast unless winter .

And I do not call Medford methford, I hear people do it and they are always outsiders, so not interesting to hear people spew their drivel and babble on about something they know nothing about .

OP if you need any info or help feel free to PM me anytime .

And I do not call Medford methford, I hear people do it and they are always outsiders, so not interesting to hear people spew their drivel and babble on about something they know nothing about .

They must have really cleaned it up in the last 20 years then, or you live in a nice area or under a rock.
A large percentage of kids I went to high school with at South Medford were smoking the shit, and it's the only town I've been in where it seemed like everyone was trying to sell it to you. I had two close friends ruined for life from it. My friends that still live in the area say it's still pretty rampant.
Whatever rock you live under, stay there. It sounds way nicer! :flipoff2:
I do see a fuck ton of meth busts on the news there, so maybe they are actually getting on top of the trafficking in. If so, good. Glad to see it being cleaned up:smokin:

havnt moved there just visited, but 30 packs dont exist and liquor is only sold at liquor stores

and if you think we have nice green landscape youre wrong

THEY have nice green landscape :laughing: i was blown away

All Start liquor is right on the California side of the border on I-5 and has the cheapest liquor I have found on the west coast

The Pros are that you are leaving California and you aren't coming to Idaho. Cons are that Oregon will be a shithole just like where you left in short order.

I lived there for a year about 7 years ago, just drove through and stopped for lunch there last month. It is absolutely Methford! :laughing:

You clearly have never lived here, it rains a lot in seattle portland and even eugene in the winter months, but not so much here, in the summer we can go 3 or 4 months easy w/o a drop of rain and it is very VERYseldom overcast unless winter .

Dude, you do live under a rock. Or you're using? :flipoff2: That shit is everywhere here in Oregon. I don't see it in my circles but my stepson got involved with a stripper and started using. It apparently is everywhere. Just look up the local inmate rosters. Most them fuckers are in jail for something methy.

I dont think it's a bad place to live but is a little trashy/methy. My cousin that lives there refers to it as little Bakersfield.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh