What's new

California schools are gonna be shut down again it looks like

The board's recommendations

"K-12 children represent the lowest-risk cohort for Covid-19. Because of that fact, social distancing of children and reduced census classrooms is not necessary and therefore not recommended," read the recommendations, contained in a white paper.

"Requiring children to wear masks during school is not only difficult -- if not impossible to implement -- but not based on science. It may even be harmful and is therefore not recommended," it said.

The board noted that these recommendations were merely guidelines, not "laws" or "even rules." It will be up to the individual school districts on how they want to go about having their students return for in-person classes.

If a district decides to not reopen or resume classes in a "typical classroom environment and school atmosphere," the board says parents should be allowed to send their children to another school district or charter school.

deserves it's own post

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/us/california-orange-county-reopen-school-no-masks-trnd/index.html

dntsdad you've probably seen this one already

despite this well rounded board of education recommendation

:shaking:

like everything, it isn't about education, it isn't about masks, it IS about control!

Yes, that was making the text message rounds last night among my teacher friends. 90% of the 30-35 that I am in close contact want to go back 100%. Let the chips fall where they may. A couple are hesitant but they have existing condition or have a spouse that does. 1 flat out wants to just stay home and do shit cause she is lazy.

School districts are falling like dominos to the panic.

Lol German study says kids in school do not significantly spread the Rona. ev13wt What do you say about this? It states children might actually act as a brake on the spread lol. The only reason we are closing the schools is to inflict Political damage on Trump. The retard dems cannot figure out how to beat him and this is there only hope.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...y-schools.html

ev13wt

Well?

You've been online since two articles about Germany being posted yet you've ignored them. We'd love to hear your insight.

ev13wt

Well?

You've been online since two articles about Germany being posted yet you've ignored them. We'd love to hear your insight.

I want to know if we are believing science or not today? Especially science that comes from your super cannot be wrong current motherland.

I want to know if we are believing science or not today? Especially science that comes from your super cannot be wrong current motherland.

Doubt he engages again, if he does it will be a tangent or weak troll.

He's never wrong, he just constantly changes views.

Lol German study says kids in school do not significantly spread the Rona. ev13wt What do you say about this? It states children might actually act as a brake on the spread lol. The only reason we are closing the schools is to inflict Political damage on Trump. The retard dems cannot figure out how to beat him and this is there only hope.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...y-schools.html

Post the text. I sure as fuck don;t subscribe to the NYT

Post the text. I sure as fuck don;t subscribe to the NYT

no account, it just wont let me open it incognito.

pretty low sample size at 2k

BERLIN — Very few of 2,000 school children and teachers tested in the German state of Saxony showed antibodies to COVID-19, a study found on Monday, suggesting schools may not play as big a role in spreading the virus as some had feared.

Germany began reopening schools in May, though debate continues as to the role children may play in spreading the virus to vulnerable adults at home as well as to older teachers and school staff.

The study by the University Hospital in Dresden analysed blood samples from almost 1,500 children aged between 14 and 18 and 500 teachers from 13 schools in Dresden and the districts of Bautzen and Goerlitz in May and June.

The largest study conducted in Germany on school children and teachers included testing in schools where there were coronavirus outbreaks.

Of the almost 2,000 samples, only 12 had antibodies, said Reinhard Berner from the University Hospital of Dresden, adding the first results gave no evidence that school children play a role in spreading the virus particularly quickly.

"Children may even act as a brake on infection," Berner told a news conference, saying infections in schools had not led to an outbreak, while the spread of the virus within households was also less dynamic than previously thought.

Saxony's Education Minister Christian Piwarz said the study showed schools in the state can re-open as normal following the summer vacation at the end of August with some conditions, such as mask-wearing and social distancing where possible.

Berner said the study was representative for the state of Saxony, which has a relatively low rate of infection compared to other parts of Germany.

For other states with low infection rates, the study suggests schools could be re-opened without causing widespread outbreaks of the virus, he said.

A separate study on antibodies against COVID-19 among blood donors showed that antibodies were found in only 1.3 percent of 12,000 blood samples, the head of the Robert Koch Institute for public health, Lothar Wieler, said on Monday.

(Reporting by Caroline Copley and Markus Wacker, editing by Ed Osmond)

He can't comment about that. It goes 100% against what the fuckstick has been preaching for the last 3 months to everyone here. That nothingwillchange dousch does the same fucking thing with the mask bullshit. Where he at now?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-mother-murder-5-year-old-son

Slain Illinois boy, 5, tells mother ‘I don’t ever see you again’ in heartbreaking tape heard at mom’s murder trial

no real need to click on the link, but this is why i support public schools and why this shutdown stuff is tremendously abhorrent.

yeah, the kid is 5 and on the optional kindergarten side of things, but the point stands. Kids need the out. Enough people fucking suck.

Gov. Dipshit is going to make an announcement today at noon to let us subjects know if shall allow schools to open or not across the state. It is currently up to individual districts, but it looks like he make take that off the table and use whatever executive power he has to shut it all down to distance learning only

I think most colleges that I know of announced months ago they were online only.

They are still grappling with finalizing it down here. At the "U" level, they are saying only classes requiring in person presence- labs, medicine, studio (art/music) will be in person. Maybe some in-person and in-person flex? (they are making shit up as they go sounds like..) afterwards. Then with planned closure from Thanksgiving through new years sounds like fall semester is shot pretty much.

I think prior to the recent surge they were planning on reduced capacity in-person but more or less having everyone back in town/on-campus. Sounds like they are backtracking.

California's announcement is that counties that are one the state watch list are mandated to be distance learning only. Counties must show a decline in cases for 14 consecutive days to be taken off watch list.

Counties that are not on the watch list are allowed to open as determined by their local boards.

The county I am in is on the watch list so it will distance learning again for the foreseeable future. :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

California's announcement is that counties that are one the state watch list are mandated to be distance learning only. Counties must show a decline in cases for 14 consecutive days to be taken off watch list.

Counties that are not on the watch list are allowed to open as determined by their local boards.

The county I am in is on the watch list so it will distance learning again for the foreseeable future. :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

friend has kids in Placer County, which would be fine, but apparently the district has a couple schools in Sacramento County, so the whole district has to go remote.

Our Governor (Iowa) announced today that she expects students to return to class. She’s mandating that schools can do less than half of their classes online or remote. Rural districts like ours are ok with it. People in the larger (aka, more left leaning) cities are convinced it’s the end of the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/cdc-coronavirus-school-guidelines-new/index.html

New CDC guidelines come down hard in favor of opening schools

headline

"It is critically important for our public health to open schools this fall," CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said in a statement announcing the updates.
"School closures have disrupted normal ways of life for children and parents, and they have had negative health consequences on our youth. CDC is prepared to work with K-12 schools to safely reopen while protecting the most vulnerable."

"Children appear to be at lower risk for contracting COVID-19 compared to adults. To put this in perspective, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as of July 17, 2020, the United States reported that children and adolescents under 18 years old account for under 7 percent of COVID-19 cases and less than 0.1 percent of COVID-19-related deaths," it adds.

Pediatrician: Use science, not politics, to reopen schools

"Scientific studies suggest that COVID-19 transmission among children in schools may be low. International studies that have assessed how readily COVID-19 spreads in schools also reveal low rates of transmission when community transmission is low."

It notes that there are few reports of children being the driving force of transmission within families. "This is consistent with data from both virus and antibody testing, suggesting that children are not the primary drivers of COVID-19 spread in schools or in the

fuck, I really hope this catches on.

Top Back Refresh