What's new

cajun style shrimp boil

75cruisin

Member Number
Ive tried a few online recipes but cant even hold a candle to the restaurant for that good crab/shrimp/crawfish style flavor. Anybody have a good recipe?

The key is to not overcook the shrimp, but they need to soak in the seasoned water for 20-30 minutes to absorb the flavor. Basically boil the water, add the seasoning, cook everything else (corn, potatoes, sausage, onions). Add the shrimp at the end, boil 3 minutes or so, kill the fire and add a bunch of ice to stop the cooking. Wait that time period then enjoy. I prefer the powdered seasonings over the bag style.

Gatorgrizz27 mind sharing what seasonings you add? I’m a cali boy and I was just talking to my other buddy today. And for the life of us we can come close to the restaurant. And we aren’t bad cooks.

Either of these are good. They are like $2-3 in store but if you can’t find them here’s a way to order online. A lot of seafood markets here will sell them. Not sure why the links are so stupid but they work for me.

It goes without saying that you shouldn’t be using frozen, pinkie finger sized Vietnamese farmed shrimp. Besides that most people just overcook them until they are rubbery and they don’t soak them in the cool seasoned water so there’s no flavor.

You can practice small batches on the stove in your house, but the seasoning will about run you out of it unless you’ve got a good vent hood.

If you want them hot where you sweat eating them you need to add a little liquid boil also.

28D585F5-D6DE-412C-8F80-2C85DBDA9133.jpeg

Top Back Refresh