What's new

CageWRX CAGE KIT any good?

Pook

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
150 Mile House, BC, Canada
Was going to build my own cage for my 2020 4xp turbo... but life is busy, and DOM tubing here in Canada right now is not cheap and gets me almost 2/3 of the way of buying one if I allow for scrap material and more than covers a kit if allow for my time that I could be working and making $... for one their pre bent and notched kits.

I would tig weld it up myself, and add anything I want extra as I go over a weekend and be back on the trails.

Not a race car just an aggressively driven family hauler and exploration vehicle.

So are they any good fitment wise?

I did an lsk cage for a buddies 4 seat turbo s. Reviews seem to be neck and neck with maybe an edge to cagewrx.

The fitmit is great, everything is laser cut and cnc bent. Lsk gives you tangs and holes to align some of the joints. So its pretty hard to fuck up.

The one thing I didn't realize vs building a cage from scratch, piece by piece, is that EVERYTHING needs to be together before you can start even tacking :laughing: a few small ratchet straps are a must and another set of hands would have been very helpful.

The biggest pain on the 4 seaters is the door latches and hinges. Again, another set of hands is helpful.

I did an lsk cage for a buddies 4 seat turbo s. Reviews seem to be neck and neck with maybe an edge to cagewrx.

The fitmit is great, everything is laser cut and cnc bent. Lsk gives you tangs and holes to align some of the joints. So its pretty hard to fuck up.

The one thing I didn't realize vs building a cage from scratch, piece by piece, is that EVERYTHING needs to be together before you can start even tacking :laughing: a few small ratchet straps are a must and another set of hands would have been very helpful.

The biggest pain on the 4 seaters is the door latches and hinges. Again, another set of hands is helpful.

The LSK kit looks good, I like the fact the main hoops are .120" thick. Did it come with the door hinge tubes and brackets like their cad models show?

The LSK kit looks good, I like the fact the main hoops are .120" thick. Did it come with the door hinge tubes and brackets like their cad models show?
I thought 1. 75" 120 was over kill for a ~2k lb machine.

Man, I'm not sure 100% if it did or not. I think it came with the door hinges, but we had to cut something off the stock cage for the belts iirc.

Yeah, it might be a bit overkill, but I have gone 85-90mph through some pretty rough stuff...and we have a lot of places around here that a mistake is a big drop off the side of the mountain. A few more pounds seems ok to me.

I've built a half dozen cagewrx kits now. I love them. Everyone has gone together flawlessly. After doing a couple I can fully assemble and weld one out in 4 - 6 hours taking my time.

In the pictures below, the 4 seater is a lowmax and both 2 seaters are baja specs.

Both two seaters pictured below have experienced pretty severe rolls now and are still straight as they were new.

I will say, the door latch alignment is tricky on the 4 seaters. Make sure you have everything lined up perfectly when you tack them on. The first one I did I ended up having to cut them back off after putting it all back together. Turns out you really need the plastic piece between the doors on to know exactly where those land.
20210313_153717.jpg

20210313_094241.jpg

20191019_152815.jpg

20191019_152819.jpg

20170308_182554.jpg

20170311_154133.jpg

Last edited:
crazybluerider have you done any other brands out of curiosity?
I've also done an offroad armor kit. It wasn't a bad kit but the front bar design made lining things up a little more difficult. I would do another but I'd probably charge a little more than I typically charge for a cagewrx.

Several years ago I did a toys for big boys cage on a 900 too. It was very tough to get aligned properly and I would not do that one again. Not sure if they're even still making cage kits?

I raced on one and have no complaints. I liked it

Top Back Refresh